Reflection - ship time in port in San Juan

kikki21

I have often seen on these boards that Reflection's stay in port on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary into San Juan varies..... it looks like the port call should be 3.30pm to 11.00pm according to the Celebrity website but actually varies from calling in at 1.30pm to leaving 9.00pm.

The changing times are not a massive issue to us but I would like to book a meal at a restaurant in San Juan & don't want to bolt our food down!

Can anyone who has been on this itinerary recently please comment!

Thank you :)

Our port time last month was 3PM and depart at 11PM.

The ship docked right at Old San Juan and was withing walking distance f the old town.

Lots of great restaurants in that area. We had dinner at Barrahcina, the place where the Pina Colada was invented. http://www.barrachina.com/ We got there at 5:30 and had lost of time (we told the server we were on ship schedule so he did get our food quickly).

They have a variety of local cuisine and it was excellent. There were 8 of us and we all ordered different things so we could taste and share. I great meal and a good time.

Oh and the Pina Coladas were outstanding,....for us,. they have now become the standard for all others to be judged.

Our port time last month was 3PM and depart at 11PM.

The ship docked right at Old San Juan and was withing walking distance f the old town.

Lots of great restaurants in that area. We had dinner at Barrahcina, the place where the Pina Colada was invented. http://www.barrachina.com/ We got there at 5:30 and had lost of time (we told the server we were on ship schedule so he did get our food quickly).

They have a variety of local cuisine and it was excellent. There were 8 of us and we all ordered different things so we could taste and share. I great meal and a good time.

Oh and the Pina Coladas were outstanding,....for us,. they have now become the standard for all others to be judged.

Thank you! Barrahcina is on our list for cocktails! :)

That's why we like port balconies with San Juan stops...really pretty sailing in (and dark when you leave)...

We were an hour late last time, extended departure by same...but basically made stop a night time visit...we had about 1 hour of sunlight.

All depends on weather for arrival time.

Check out Marmalade for dinner. Walking distance from the port of Old San Juan. Highly recommend as it has three different sampling menus.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is where we were planning on going but Open Table is saying it is fully booked all night for when we are in port :(

This is where we were planning on going but Open Table is saying it is fully booked all night for when we are in port :(

Try calling them - sometimes they have tables available for calls and I believe the lounge area is first come first serve and has the same menu.

We try to eat at Marmalade every time we are in San Juan, it is my favorite restaurant. Even with the price.

Garren

Try calling them - sometimes they have tables available for calls and I believe the lounge area is first come first serve and has the same menu.

We try to eat at Marmalade every time we are in San Juan, it is my favorite restaurant. Even with the price.

Garren

Thanks Garren

Don't mind eating in the lounge area at all! I have read somewhere they do accept first come, first serve walk ins so we are prepared to be there when they open up!

I'll drop them an email [emoji4]