Share the Savings Program

splitpeaz

Does Princess still have the 'Share the Savings' program?

We booked a cruise and I don't see the 'share the savings' link in my Cruise Personalizer.

Yes, they do still have the program, this is my second cruise on Princess, when I booked Princess advised me that my cruise qualified for share the savings, so my sister in law booked as well with our price and OBC. Maybe that program is just for select savings.

Regards, Mary

Share the savings is only good for certain past guest promotions that start with a "U" if you do not have that promotion than it is not shareable, if you do then you can share it with 2 cabins. If you had it, it would be in your cruise personalizer.

• 5 months later...
Share the savings is only good for certain past guest promotions that start with a "U" if you do not have that promotion than it is not shareable, if you do then you can share it with 2 cabins. If you had it, it would be in your cruise personalizer.

Could someone tell me where in my cruise personalizer I would see the notation that the promotion is shareable. I'm also not sure where I would find the guest promotion code with "U".

Could someone tell me where in my cruise personalizer I would see the notation that the promotion is shareable. I'm also not sure where I would find the guest promotion code with "U".

Log into your personalizer. On your booking summary, scroll all the way down. It will a column at the bottom of the page, just below Princess EZAir, Cruise With Me, Princess@Sea. I hope this helps. I have it for our Regal 18 Christmas cruise and the price has gone up quite a bit since I booked our obstructed balcony.

Marie

I can't find it either, the only thing is see is Future Cruise Deposit Form, maybe my sailing doesn't have the "U" - can anyone else help :)

Mine is right above the Future Cruise Deposit Form, so perhaps there is not one available for your sailing. It may be worth a call to Princess. We had one on our September 2015 Princess cruise, booked with a Princess Cruise Vacation Planner. I shared it and two friends came at the same rate. It was a fantastic last minute deal. For this cruise, I got a fantastic rate, again booked with a Princess Vacation Planner. I have not shared the deal yet. I am not sure ANY of this matters, but, thought I would mention.

Mine is right above the Future Cruise Deposit Form, so perhaps there is not one available for your sailing. It may be worth a call to Princess. We had one on our September 2015 Princess cruise, booked with a Princess Cruise Vacation Planner. I shared it and two friends came at the same rate. It was a fantastic last minute deal. For this cruise, I got a fantastic rate, again booked with a Princess Vacation Planner. I have not shared the deal yet. I am not sure ANY of this matters, but, thought I would mention.

Thank you, Since its for alaska, i bet its not there b/c the ship is sailing quickly

Thank you, Since its for alaska, i bet its not there b/c the ship is sailing quickly

When is the sailing? On my 2018 sailing, I do not have a share offer. I think it is too far away. Also, the rate is not fantastic, lol, imo. Both above mentioned cruises were booked 50-120 days out.

When is the sailing? On my 2018 sailing, I do not have a share offer. I think it is too far away. Also, the rate is not fantastic, lol, imo. Both above mentioned cruises were booked 50-120 days out.

I cruise on the Star on May 27th, 2017

My 2017 sailing doesn't have the share offer either:( Will just hope for a price drop.:)

Thank you everyone for the information on this program. Another question, if someone does 'Share The Savings' with you, how will you know? Does Princess send an email or.....?

Log into your personalizer, and at the bottom of the page it will show the name of who you sent it to. If the person books it will show in the status. I just sent one out today for my December 18 sailing and it shows the persons name and status, which currently on mine is not booked. I hope this helps.

Marie

Log into your personalizer, and at the bottom of the page it will show the name of who you sent it to. If the person books it will show in the status. I just sent one out today for my December 18 sailing and it shows the persons name and status, which currently on mine is not booked. I hope this helps.

Marie

Thank you for your reply. I am the person the Share the Savings was sent to, but I don't see it in my email, or in my personalizer, or when I check the price of that particular cruise. :confused:

Thank you for your reply. I am the person the Share the Savings was sent to, but I don't see it in my email, or in my personalizer, or when I check the price of that particular cruise. :confused:

Hmm. I wonder if the person I sent it to received it. I think you can call Princess and give them the sender's name, address, etc, and they can check the sender's account. It said the receiver could call or book online. I was surprised that I had to completely fill out the receivers name, full address, and email address. I thought perhaps it would just be an email address that I could supply, but, it wasn't. Does the sender have this complete information? That is the only thing I can think of may have happened.

Marie

Hmm. I wonder if the person I sent it to received it. I think you can call Princess and give them the sender's name, address, etc, and they can check the sender's account. It said the receiver could call or book online. I was surprised that I had to completely fill out the receivers name, full address, and email address. I thought perhaps it would just be an email address that I could supply, but, it wasn't. Does the sender have this complete information? That is the only thing I can think of may have happened.

Marie

Thank you for your help. I'll check with the sender. :)

Thank you for your help. I'll check with the sender. :)

Happy to help. The friend I sent mine too has decided to book, so she received the offer. Hopefully, my category is not sold out. I am not sure what happens if that is the case. We will talk to the Princess Vacation Planner that I booked with tomorrow. Did yours every show up?

Marie

Happy to help. The friend I sent mine too has decided to book, so she received the offer. Hopefully, my category is not sold out. I am not sure what happens if that is the case. We will talk to the Princess Vacation Planner that I booked with tomorrow. Did yours every show up?

Marie

Just received the email from Princess yesterday. However, it took over an hour on the phone with my friend (who invited me to share) and a Princess rep for it to actually work. Long story short - I'm now booked at a terrific fare! Thanks go out to great CC members for all the help and suggestions. :)

Just received the email from Princess yesterday. However, it took over an hour on the phone with my friend (who invited me to share) and a Princess rep for it to actually work. Long story short - I'm now booked at a terrific fare! Thanks go out to great CC members for all the help and suggestions. :)

Wonderful!! I've been out, and haven't talked to my friend yet, but, my reservation reflects they booked. I am assuming they were able to get the same great rate. Happy Sailing!

Marie

My friends were not able to get the same price. They are paying $300 more per person! They went ahead and booked because they were still happy with the deal. I am a little confused so have a call into the Princess Vacation Planner we are using. Especially since I mentioned the same deal to another couple we are mutual friends with. Were you able to book the SAME category as your friend? I booked a BY obstructed balcony guarantee. I think there are only eight of those on the ship. I was hoping they would still get a bit of a break. With that said, they are first time Princess cruisers and I do think they are getting the same price as a past Princess cruiser. If they were to book independently of the Share the Savings it would be even more than they are paying now.

Marie

Wow that's good to know. You learn something new everyday.

Thank you,

Tony

My friends were not able to get the same price. They are paying $300 more per person! They went ahead and booked because they were still happy with the deal. I am a little confused so have a call into the Princess Vacation Planner we are using. Especially since I mentioned the same deal to another couple we are mutual friends with. Were you able to book the SAME category as your friend? I booked a BY obstructed balcony guarantee. I think there are only eight of those on the ship. I was hoping they would still get a bit of a break. With that said, they are first time Princess cruisers and I do think they are getting the same price as a past Princess cruiser. If they were to book independently of the Share the Savings it would be even more than they are paying now.

Marie

We booked the same category as our friends at the same price they paid. I could have booked a lower category at a lower price, or a higher category at a higher price. Did they book a higher category than you? If so, maybe that's the difference in price. :confused:

We booked the same category as our friends at the same price they paid. I could have booked a lower category at a lower price, or a higher category at a higher price. Did they book a higher category than you? If so, maybe that's the difference in price. :confused:

They had to book a higher category because none was available to book in my category. Fortunately, 3 lower category rooms opened up this morning, and they were able to grab the one cabin available for that promo. They gave up a balcony guarantee for an obstructed BW assigned balcony. It saved them another $240 total. The Princess Vacation Planner is wait listing them for my BY category, and that would save them another $120 total or so. I don't quite understand it, but, she said they would not have qualified for the rate I got($799 BY obstructed balcony), but $899 at best. Both are still great deals for an 11 night Christmas cruise. Mine was actually a bit less because I had a $25 credit which brought it down to $774pp before taxes. I have $210 in OBC. I am absolutely thrilled with my deal. I just feel bad because I was under the impression they would be eligible for the same deal, and told them so. They are very happy with their deal though. I will keep price watching :).

Marie