GETAWAY Picture Review (Great Stirrup Cay, Cozumel, Grand Cayman & Jamaica)

mpcaruth

Cozumel Continued:

facebookIMG_9840_zpslhcxansn.jpg

And here is one of the things I really like about NCL. They always welcome you back aboard from the ports of call with a cooled towel, drink, party music, and dancing! He He He: I joined in a little dancing with the assistant cruise director walking towards the gangway. I totally embarrassed my daughter!!! Loved it.

facebookIMG_9853_zpsfwfjizhs.jpg

Well, that's it for Cozumel. Another great port day in the books!

• 1 month later...

I always really enjoy your reviews especially since it seems we share a very similar sensibility. It's funny because I could have met you this Spring Break because we we're booked for this exact cruise. However, I just kept not being sure if it was the right cruise for us and ended up bailing for a land vacation in Puerto Rico. We also were going to book a Blue Irie Hole trip with Marvyn and now if we ever make it to Jamaica willwe for sure will. Also after reading your Sunshine review I so very much want to go to Belize and take that same excursion you did, it looked incredible.

OT: Since you like frugality, while looking for a cruise for this upcoming spring break I kept coming across ads for MSCs new Seaside ship coming 2018 and for the price we normally pay for two regular cabins I was able to get a 2 bedroom grand suite with all the amenities. Furthest out I have ever made a reservation but for that price on a brand new incredible looking ship I figured why not.

• 1 month later...
Ocho Rios Continued:

The last hole has a super high jump (Sorry, we were all too chicken, but you can search Youtube for some great videos of this). This hole also had a swing rope and a bar for drinks.

P1110213_zpsnfwyuoke.jpg

P1110214_zpsh1wle0za.jpg

I had to extract the following two photos from a video our guide took:

facebookCapture1_zps6i9aalvn.jpg

facebookCapture3_zps2babnja7.jpg

And that's all for Irie Blue Hole! It really is a true gem of Jamaica and I highly recommend a trip here. You don't have to be a dare devil to enjoy it, as there are all levels of jumps and swims.

Wow!!! This looks awesome. How cold was this water? freezing?

Thanks for the Great review! Enjoying it.

Wow!!! This looks awesome. How cold was this water? freezing?

Thanks for the Great review! Enjoying it.

My best guess is that the water was in the mid 70's degrees F. Cool when you first get in, but pleasant once you get used to it.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stumbled on your Carnival Sunshine review, then made my way over to this one! Both are great! Thank you!

We are planning on doing the Blue Hole Tour in Ocho Rios when we cruise on the Carnival Vista next year. We will have our daughter with us who will be just over three years old. I don't expect her to do any of the jumps. We would plan on taking turns and one of us staying in the water swimming with her while the other jumps. The tour operators I've been speaking with say this is safe for a three year old. My main question is about the walking paths up - would that be safe for a younger child. And are there ways into the water that would be safe for her. We really want to do this...but of course, her safety is #1.

We also plan on doing the Dolphin Excursion with her at Chakanaab Park in Cozumel. I want her to have different experiences while she is young, so she won't be scared to try things as she gets older.

Stumbled on your Carnival Sunshine review, then made my way over to this one! Both are great! Thank you!

We are planning on doing the Blue Hole Tour in Ocho Rios when we cruise on the Carnival Vista next year. We will have our daughter with us who will be just over three years old. I don't expect her to do any of the jumps. We would plan on taking turns and one of us staying in the water swimming with her while the other jumps. The tour operators I've been speaking with say this is safe for a three year old. My main question is about the walking paths up - would that be safe for a younger child. And are there ways into the water that would be safe for her. We really want to do this...but of course, her safety is #1.

We also plan on doing the Dolphin Excursion with her at Chakanaab Park in Cozumel. I want her to have different experiences while she is young, so she won't be scared to try things as she gets older.

we took our 3 year old grandson in March. Our guide, Romaine, carried him over the tough parts. Blue Hole was one of the highlights of our trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

we took our 3 year old grandson in March. Our guide, Romaine, carried him over the tough parts. Blue Hole was one of the highlights of our trip.

Thanks so much! Seen lots of reviews of Blue Hole tours, but none with kiddos that young. Makes me feel a lot better! Excited to check it out and eat at Scotchies again!

Misty

Thanks so much! Seen lots of reviews of Blue Hole tours, but none with kiddos that young. Makes me feel a lot better! Excited to check it out and eat at Scotchies again!

Misty

we hit Scotchies as well. I wish it was around the block!

Entertainment:

Illusionairium Dinner and Show

We saw the Illusionairium on the first night of the cruise. There were four different magicians and they played out a storyline. Two of the magicians were great while the other two were so-so. We really enjoyed the show, especially my son. However, getting to, and getting through, the show did not prove to be a simple feat… Since I had a few hundred dollars of OBC, and you cannot use OBC to pre-book shows, I decided to wait until we boarded the ship to book. Also, I was hoping to book the first night and receive 25% off the reservations (this really adds up for 4 people). So, immediately following the muster drill, we headed to the Box Office to make our reservations for Illusionairium’s second showing (8:30).......

Can you please clarify this . Are you able to use OBC to book this show once you're on the ship ? I'm hoping for the 25 % off first day as well as it'll add up for a family of 4. My current plan is to buy a cruise next certificate o once on board, get free OBC then use the OBC to book this show / dinner to offset the cost. Thanks.

Can you please clarify this . Are you able to use OBC to book this show once you're on the ship ? I'm hoping for the 25 % off first day as well as it'll add up for a family of 4. My current plan is to buy a cruise next certificate o once on board, get free OBC then use the OBC to book this show / dinner to offset the cost. Thanks.

Confirmed. We used our free OBC to book the Illusionarium for all 4 of us. We booked immediately following the muster drill for the 8:30 showing on embarkation day. We also received the 25% first day promo for each of us. (Please note, as I explained elsewhere in the review, that I had issues with booking this show on the on-board iConcierge app. Guest services had to assist with the reservations and discount. Therefore, unless they have made significant improvements to the app, I recommend you use the Box Office on board to make your reservations.)

Enjoy your cruise!

Confirmed. We used our free OBC to book the Illusionarium for all 4 of us. We booked immediately following the muster drill for the 8:30 showing on embarkation day. We also received the 25% first day promo for each of us. (Please note, as I explained elsewhere in the review, that I had issues with booking this show on the on-board iConcierge app. Guest services had to assist with the reservations and discount. Therefore, unless they have made significant improvements to the app, I recommend you use the Box Office on board to make your reservations.)

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the info. It's not until December but I'm trying to absorb all the helpful review and tips.