Uber or Execucar to Long Beach from LAX

mrgoalie

Cant decide between these two to get to Long Beach the night before pre cruise. I've never used Uber. Is it safe/reliable at LAX? Any Execucar past customers? or customers of both. Looking for a little guidance....Thanks :confused:

I use Execucar and have been very happy with them.

So far I have not used Uber but have mostly heard good things about them.

What bothers me about them is that their drivers don't have to go through things that drivers of Execucar and other private services would including not required to have drug tests and a commercial license.

Keith

Cant decide between these two to get to Long Beach the night before pre cruise. I've never used Uber. Is it safe/reliable at LAX? Any Execucar past customers? or customers of both. Looking for a little guidance....Thanks :confused:

If I don't drive myself to LAX I use ExecuCar. I haven't used Uber "long haul" yet, I use it for short local trips and love it.

We are thinking about coming into Long Beach from LAX the night before our October 15 cruise on the Miracle.

Will Execucar take us from LAX to our hotel in Long Beach? Is it cheaper than a taxi from LAX? Are there other alternatives?

We are thinking about coming into Long Beach from LAX the night before our October 15 cruise on the Miracle.

Will Execucar take us from LAX to our hotel in Long Beach? Is it cheaper than a taxi from LAX? Are there other alternatives?

Sure there are alternatives. How much will Execucar cost from LAX to SP? Ontime1.com does it for $55 plus tip for two people in a town car.:)

Just a note on Uber...

We had never used Uber until our cruise this past week...

We used the app for our ride to LAX...and it was excellent...driver got to our home in five minutes and the trip-Calabasas to LAX-cost about $38...

We used Uber again to get from our hotel in Fort Lauderdale to the cruise port--$10 (the hotel shuttle was charging $10 per person!)...

BUT...when we tried to leave the ship to get back to FLL airport, we got the message that 2.8x surge pricing was in effect...and the rates seemed really high...so we just took a taxi for $15 plus tip...AND, when we got back to LAX, the message came up "No UberX available"... Only UberLux at $198-259! So, we just took Super Shuttle for $58 plus tip...it took about half an hour for the van to pick us up and we had to make one other stop before getting home.

I guess the lesson is tha Uber is stll far from a sure thing! Always have a back-up plan.