World Cruise Preregistration

TERRIER1

Did anyone get an email from Viking about a World Cruise? They are asking for a preregistration if interested but no where is there a cost. Strange.

I take it that Viking is gauging interest in a future world cruise. In return, it is offering a chance to reserve a place for anyone who responds and to the have a right of 1st refusal on actually booking the cruise when it is all firmed up.

Edited by Senior Gators

I shot that e-mail also and thought it odd that there was no cost posted. We are on the star for the Viking homeland in July and can't wait but I can not even imagine being on any ship for 141 days.

Does anyone know if they will sell the World cruise in segments at some point? I looked at the itinerary and a couple of segments looks quite interesting, but much of it we've already sailed.

Does anyone know if they will sell the World cruise in segments at some point? I looked at the itinerary and a couple of segments looks quite interesting, but much of it we've already sailed.

Comcox,

That is our question too. When we filled out the World Cruise preregistration form we included a very similar inquiry to Viking in the Comments section. If Viking Oceans breaks down the 50 day Viking Empire cruise (from Istanbul to Stockholm) into multiple segments which can be booked separately; logically it would seem that Viking would provide for a number of segments on their world cruise. As id4elizabeth said above, 141 days is a long period to devote to a cruise, let alone the cost. Even in retirement, my wife and I cannot afford to be away from home for so long. We would be interested in a Miami to Australia cruise thinking that would be less expensive, shorter duration and places we are more interested in going to. A reasonable assumption would be that a number of other potential cruisers would also be interested in various segments of the world voyage.

We are thinking the same thing - if there are offerings in segments we would like to have that option. I wonder if you have to 'pre-register' to be given those options as this concept gels for Viking. If so, we would pre-register - however a world cruise is not on our bucket list for a whole lot of reasons!

It would also be great if Viking would expand their dates and offerings - through 2017 - for non- Europe markets. I don't know about you all, but this year's big vacations are already booked - and we truly like to identify the next year itineraries about now.....

Viking? Any possibility you could address at least a timeframe when you will firm up 2017 - including possible segments of the world cruise?

We are thinking the same thing - if there are offerings in segments we would like to have that option. I wonder if you have to 'pre-register' to be given those options as this concept gels for Viking. If so, we would pre-register - however a world cruise is not on our bucket list for a whole lot of reasons!

It would also be great if Viking would expand their dates and offerings - through 2017 - for non- Europe markets. I don't know about you all, but this year's big vacations are already booked - and we truly like to identify the next year itineraries about now.....

Viking? Any possibility you could address at least a timeframe when you will firm up 2017 - including possible segments of the world cruise?

Viineyard View,

It probably would be a good thing for everyone who is interested in one or more segments of Viking Oceans' proposed world cruise, to state their interest in their responses in the preregistration form. It can't hurt since filling out the form does nothing more than indicate interest.

We agree that we would like for Viking to indicate their upcoming cruises for all of 2017 and as much of 2018 as possible. Like you, we are booked up for this year and are looking for cruises for 2017 and beyond. It would be great if Viking would expand their offerings to areas beyond the Med and the Baltic as more ships come online.

Senior Gators - good point and suggestion. I just did this last night. Hopefully Viking will be offering more options outside of European waterways in 2017 that will provide us multiple options next year and into 2018. ASAP!! We truly want to repeat Viking Oceans!!

Senior Gators - good point and suggestion. I just did this last night. Hopefully Viking will be offering more options outside of European waterways in 2017 that will provide us multiple options next year and into 2018. ASAP!! We truly want to repeat Viking Oceans!!

Vineyard View - we also want to repeat our Viking Cruise experience. Three weeks from today we will be on our way to Barcelona to meet up with the Viking Sea. In the fall, we will be taking a Viking River Cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest. Right now, We are looking at 2017 and until Viking Oceans provides some other cruise destinations, we are looking to take another river cruise.

Senior Gators - we sailed Star last year Barcelona to Stockholm and loved it. You are in for a treat! We also sailed Viking Amsterdam to Budapest a few years ago and totally loved it.....

Hoping Viking will jump in here soon!!!

Vineyard View, I have been following your posts since I joined Cruise Critic about a year ago. I have enjoyed and learned a lot from regular posters like yourself. I feel more confident and knowledgeable about cruising and the things that go into an enjoyable cruise experience based on suggestions and shared experiences from travel veterans who are so willing to share. Thank you.

Each time I have talked to a Viking Representative, I have let them know how much we would like to see more information on the proposed World Cruise and asked if they are considering breaking it down into several (many?) segments. I also have asked if Viking would consider surveying their customers about other cruise destinations they would be interested in. One can hope that they will consider these and other ideas about expanding their destinations beyond the current offerings. One can hope.