Flight Home ... for the millionth time (sorry)

ClipClop

I'm sorry... but I'm struggling with flight times. I've read all the prior postings and I'm still struggling with the best decision.

We are sailing April 29th - May 4th out of Tampa with Carnival. My return flight choices are 12:20 pm and 3:48 pm. Same price for either flight - so that is not the issue. Carnival indicates no earlier than 11:20 and postings say no earlier than 12:00. It seems that I should be able to make a 12:20 pm, but based on horror stories, maybe the 3:48 is better.

Okay you experienced cruisers, is it better to try and kill 3-5 hours at the Tampa airport? If you take your time disembarking, what is the average time that most people arrive at the airport?

Help.

Well, here is the answer from someone who does not like to worry!! Take the later flight! At least Tampa airport is one of the nicest, cleanest, newest in the area. Also there is a small like shopping mall area right where Carnival embarks and disembarks where you could waste some time before the airport too. If you go by the 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hour to airport before your flight, you should be there by 11:00 for a 12:20 flight. 1/2 hour at the most to airport. Leave by 10:00 - that is very doable too. So I guess the decision is yours!!!

Pooh

You should be able to make the 12:20 flight, but why spend your cruise worrying? If there are Custom & Immigration delays, or baggage handling delays then you could have a problem... Take the later flight and you won't be rushed.

Archived