Taking Toddler on Anthem..any advice?

Thinking of taking my 18 month old on a 5 day cruise this summer. Does anyone have any advice? Is this a crazy idea? Plan to use the nursery a little bit so husband and I can have a dinner/night out. Has anyone used the nursery?

The Royal Babies and Tots Nursery is amazing. Also remember to pre- reserve a pack-n-play (porta crib) and take a fitted sheet with you. Enjoy...it's really easier than you think to cruise with little ones.

You're a family...you take "family" vacations. No different than being at home with your little one!

Yes..the nursery is nice....give you a bit of "adult" time. Once you have kid's your life changes...forever....forever....forever....remember that!

Our 11 month old has been on 4 cruises, and they have been a lot of fun. We don't use the nursery, but Anthem has a play area for parents and children. It was great.

Our son loved the baby splash pool, which should be even better in the summer.

The crew tends to love babies...so end up being super accommodating.

How does one reserve a pack-and-play? Do I just call the main number and ask for one? Can I be confident that one will actually show up in my room? =)

We've got a cruise planned with a 15-month old, so I'm happy to see these pro-tips. Keep them coming!

You can just call the main number to reserve a pack and play. I ended up canceling and bringing our own since we drove to port. If you are in a suite, I would ask the concierge to confirm when the send you an email the week before the cruise.

Had our 9 month old on Freedom last year and taking her again at 16 months. Bring a stroller if your child will sleep in it and book nights in the nursery the first day as they can fill up. Also they lend out toys to use for the cruise in your cabin or wherever I think there were 5 toys in the bag we got all clean and sanitized.

The pack and play provided was fairly clean and I think they had a sheet for it but we brought one too. It wasn't there until after turndown on the first night so if you need it right away you may have to ask.

Relax :) you'll have a great time.

Nursery staff is awesome. And they give you a phone that works all over the ship to contact you just in case. As others stated I just brought my own sheet for the pack and play. And yes, the staff all over the ship seems to love babies! :)

Brought our son on Freedom when he was 2 and then again last year on Oasis at 3 and this year he will be going on Anthem at 4! We used the Royal tots nursery the first time and it was a great choice. The caregivers were great and we never had any issues. He seemed to be there with the same few babies and the staff to child ratio was great! He graduated to kids club on the past cruise as a potty trained three year old, but there were some not potty trained 3 year olds in the nursery so they are very open to whatever you need. Once your child graduates to the kids club, cruising becomes so easy and a great family vacation where the adults actually get some relaxation! My older daughters love the kids club as well. The nursery on Freedom also let us borrow toys for the room and the pool area!

How does one reserve a pack-and-play? Do I just call the main number and ask for one? Can I be confident that one will actually show up in my room? =)

We've got a cruise planned with a 15-month old, so I'm happy to see these pro-tips. Keep them coming!

If you booked your own cruise you just call RCI and ask to have it added to your booking...don't be concerned ... your cabin steward will make sure it's in your cabin...if it's not when you board.

If you used a TA they will have to call.

Some general travel advice with an 18 month old. Not all of them are cruise related, but all of them have helped me at some point. I'm sure you'll know some of them, but they bear repeating just in case.

1. Try and keep to your home routine as much as possible. If lunch is always at 11:30, than try to make sure they get some food everyday at 11:30. Same with nap times and bed times.

2. If they have a favorite stuffie or blanket, bring it along. The familiar is good.

3. Take more wipes, diapers, clothes than you think you'll need. (I always pack for 1 more day away, just in case of a missed flight, or storm delays us)

4. Pack kiddie medicine. Don't rely on the ship or a foreign pharmacies to have kid versions of pain killers or allergy meds. It's better safe than sorry. Who knows when your little will suddenly start teething a molar and it's better to be able to reach for medicine (you know and trust) than looking around hoping you can find something or doing without!!

5. If your little has a favorite treat (teething cookies or something similar) bring some. Check with RCL allowances, the box might need to be sealed and new.

6. Each morning hit the buffet and grab some snack food for later. You never know when a banana, apple or little box of cheerios is going to come in handy!

7. Bring a few new (or new to them) small toys or books. There are lots and lots of lines so you might want (or need) a shiny distraction.

8. If your kiddo watches any shows load a few episodes up on your phone or other device. You never know when 15 minutes of a TV show while you get dressed for dinner will come in handy! (I'm not an ipod Mom, but I'll confess Sesame Street has gotten our family through more than a few tough travel moments)

9. Pack a few extra tops and clothes for yourself. Your going to get toddler hand prints on you it's guaranteed.

10.Take lots of pictures! You won't regret them 6 months from now, when you're looking back and remembering how awesome a time you had!

Hope these help. Enjoy your vacation!!

Do it!!! While I haven't been on the Anthum, my wife and I took our baby when she was 15 months on the Allure (have a review below) and she's been on the Allure again and the Oasis once and she's under 3. She loves it! She always talks how much fun the bit boat was. We just had twins a couple months ago and can't wait until they are old enough to cruise. So my advice, take'em.