beach towels and wine

pehlibaar

Does Disney provide beach towels, especially for Castaway Cay, or should we bring our own?

Also, I plan to bring a couple of bottles of wine. Will the room cooler keep them cold, will they even fit in there? If I choose to drink them in my room, should I bring my own bottle opener? What about beer? Is there a corkage fee for the wine if I take it to dinner? If I don't finish my bottle at dinner, can I bring the already opened bottle to dinner again the next day (assuming it lasts that long)?

Thanks!

Does Disney provide beach towels, especially for Castaway Cay, or should we bring our own?

Also, I plan to bring a couple of bottles of wine. Will the room cooler keep them cold, will they even fit in there? If I choose to drink them in my room, should I bring my own bottle opener? What about beer? Is there a corkage fee for the wine if I take it to dinner? If I don't finish my bottle at dinner, can I bring the already opened bottle to dinner again the next day (assuming it lasts that long)?

Thanks!

No beach towels, but they do provide towels. You can take as many as you'd like (I typically get two). They are a bit larger than the standards bath towel, but not as big as a beach towel. Or you can bring your own beach towels, if you wish.

The alcohol policy is 2 bottles of wine/champagne (750ml max) OR 6 beers (12oz max) for each person aged 21 and over may be brought onboard on embarkation an at each port of call.

There is a corkage fee ($25) for bringing your personal bottle of wine into the dining rooms to be served. If you don't finish it, they will cork it and hold it to be delivered the next night at dinner (no corkage fee the second night).

If you need a bottle opener in your room, it's best bring your own, but you can ask your room host to track one down, if necessary.

I believe a bottle of wine will fit in the fridge. You may need to remove the shelves.

From some other posts it sounds like, you are limited to 2 bottles and each bottle can be upto 750ml. So, you can't bring 1 big bottle or 4 small bottles that would total up to 1500ml.

You don't need to bring wine glasses either. Your stateroom host can get them for you or you can use one from one of the bars for the length of the cruise. I believe the ones at Meridian were nicer then the standard room glasses.

Also, you can bring a glass of wine from other areas of the ship to dinner. Like from Meridian

Edited by ArthurUSCG

Awesome! Thank you so much! Didn't want to bring white wine unless I could chill it!

If you prefer, your stateroom host will provide a wine bucket and ice.

And yes, the policy regarding bringing alcohol on board is currently being strictly enforced.

From some other posts it sounds like, you are limited to 2 bottles and each bottle can be upto 750ml. So, you can't bring 1 big bottle or 4 small bottles that would total up to 1500ml.

You don't need to bring wine glasses either. Your stateroom host can get them for you or you can use one from one of the bars for the length of the cruise. I believe the ones at Meridian were nicer then the standard room glasses.

Also, you can bring a glass of wine from other areas of the ship to dinner. Like from Meridian

So if I open a bottle of wine in my room and carry the glass to dinner, that's allowed? Don't want to have to pay a corkage fee more expensive than my wine bottle!

So if I open a bottle of wine in my room and carry the glass to dinner, that's allowed? Don't want to have to pay a corkage fee more expensive than my wine bottle!

Can you avoid the corkage fee by pouring a glass of wine in your room and carrying it to the dining room? Yes.

Just be aware that DCL asks that all alcohol brought onboard be consumed in your room, not in public spaces. But you are allowed to bring a bottle of wine to dinner with the corkage fee.

Guests wishing to consume wine or champagne that they have brought on board in one of the dining rooms will be charged a corking fee of $25.00 per bottle.

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/carrying-alcohol-onboard/

All cruise lines provide towels for pool and beach!

"All" can be a dangerous statement. Some lines regulate how many towels you are allowed to sign out and charge you for them if they are not recorded as being returned. I can confirm that all 4 lines that I've cruised recently do provide towels for pool and beach. DCL had tons of towels available--no sign out, no sign in, no worry of them running out.

You can probably get away with it but you shouldn't try.

Disney has recently tightened up their famously loose alcohol rules partly due to people abusing them to save a couple of dollars.

Do you want to have all walk-aboard wine banned? I didn't think so.

Edited by Host Mick

• 9 months later...

Sailing on Disney Magic this Sunday. Couple last minute questions/confirmations - can you take Disney towels to non-Disney scheduled excursions (I..e Captain Marvins)? And if we bring wine or beer on board is there a small refrigerator in the room? Or should we bring a small cooler? Is ice readily available?

Also in late Jan/early Feb would you bring light jackets/pants?

Thanks!

Sailing on Disney Magic this Sunday. Couple last minute questions/confirmations - can you take Disney towels to non-Disney scheduled excursions (I..e Captain Marvins)? And if we bring wine or beer on board is there a small refrigerator in the room? Or should we bring a small cooler? Is ice readily available?

Also in late Jan/early Feb would you bring light jackets/pants?

Thanks!

Yes, you can use DCL supplied towels for non-DCL excursions. Be sure to bring them back. There are return bins when you reboard the ship.

Yes, all rooms have a small refrigerator. Only small personal coolers allowed to be brought onboard are for medical/dietary restrictions.

Just tell your room host to keep the ice bucket full. There are no ice machines.