Question about price at Paradise Beach

songerling

From what I've read on these threads and on their website, it costs $3 to enter Paradise Beach and they require that you buy $10 worth of food. They also have water toys that cost $18 to be able to use. Does anyone know if the $18 is in addition to the $3 to enter or in place of? Also, does the $3 give you use of chairs and umbrellas? So if we all want to do the water toys, is it a total of $28 a person or $31 a person? Just trying to come up with a good budget for my family of 7. I'm sure my kids could go all day on the water toys, kayaks, paddle boards, etc. They might even try some snorkeling even though I know it's not that great. We'll be snorkeling in Roatan and Costa Maya so hopefully they'll get better experiences there.

Thanks!

It is $3 admission each, or with the water toys it costs $18 each. Admission fee covers chairs, etc. -- no extra charges. HUGE pool and good facilities.

$10 per person in food drinks is a guideline -- but not hard to reach; a drink and some nachos or sandwich will do it -- and I doubt the waiter will push you to spend that amount for little ones.

From what I've read on these threads and on their website, it costs $3 to enter Paradise Beach and they require that you buy $10 worth of food. They also have water toys that cost $18 to be able to use. Does anyone know if the $18 is in addition to the $3 to enter or in place of? Also, does the $3 give you use of chairs and umbrellas? So if we all want to do the water toys, is it a total of $28 a person or $31 a person? Just trying to come up with a good budget for my family of 7. I'm sure my kids could go all day on the water toys, kayaks, paddle boards, etc. They might even try some snorkeling even though I know it's not that great. We'll be snorkeling in Roatan and Costa Maya so hopefully they'll get better experiences there.

Thanks!

We were there last week and the $18 for water toys is in addition to the $3 basic, so it is a total of $21 for each person that wants to do that. You pay that right at the door. They were very good about explaining what each included. The $3 gives you use of chairs, umbrellas, pool, beach/ocean (as long as you are just swimming), and wifi. That's what we did for the two adults and then we bought the "fun pass" for our two kids so they could play on the inflatables. Our youngest is a relatively shorter 12 year old boy and he struggled to get up on a few of the inflatables because the water is deep in spots and they are tall (with others, he could get on easily). My husband went out in the inflatables area with him to give him a boost from behind and he was fine doing that without having the "fun pass" wristband. They always had someone patrolling the area on a SUP, so it's not like they couldn't see he was doing it. He never got up on them himself and so we didn't feel we were breaking any rules.

They do ask you to spend the $10 per person on food and drink, but I couldn't see that anyone was actually tracking that. We did it easily with just buying lunch and drinks for everyone, though, so that's probably why they don't really keep track. We had a great time there and found the service very attentive!

Edited by acpalmer

sorry to hijack this thread with my own question.Can you bring your own non alcoholic drinks to Paradise Beach?

Maybe for an infant or toddler. Besides admission fees most of their profit comes from food and drinks. Take care of your waiter and you should be okay.