Sea of Cortez cancelled ports?

Jim Avery

Still a few months out but three ports (Topolobampo, Guyamas, Mazatlan) on the Quest's r/t out of San Diego to the Mexican Riviera and the Sea of Cortez are showing no info. The other ports all have shore excursions, etc. posted. Coincidentally, the three ports in question are on the U.S. State Dept. watch list for drug cartel related violence. My question is at what time out does Azamara typically cancel ports or the cruise itself? Are they nice about it or do they wait till after the final pay date? For us the cancellation of these three ports would probably lead to us canceling the booking. I know they are paying close attention to the proposed port stops as no one wants their passengers in harm's way, just want some timely information. Bonnie? :D

My husband and I took this cruise with Azamara a couple years back. And I'd love to do it again, but the prices are much, much higher now. So, we'll just keep a hopeful watch.

As far as the ports are concerned: There weren't any problems last time we went into those ports, and I don't think the situation is much different now.

I was at all three ports 2 years ago.. drugs are there like everywhere. they are just trying to line up more tours and then post.. i have ports missing on cruises this June no big deal.