Carnival Pride

Edited: Actually, looking back at what speed she was doing just before I made that comment, she was limping along between 10 and 11 knots. She has sped up since then, but when I said she was limping slowly, she was, indeed, going very slowly.

Just returned on the Grandeur and the Captain mentioned that there's a 10 knot limit just outside the bay due to migrating whales. The recent track of Pride is exactly what we experienced on Grandeur just a few days ago.

BTW, the Grandeur also had issues (one engine out of four not working) making us miss Labadee and we received 20% refund as OBC.

speak for yourself because i sure as heck don't want them cancelling the cruise! we have vacation time put in and our dog being taken care of. maybe your next cruise will have an issue and they'd be better off just cancelling it...

I agree with you. With 50% off I don't care anymore if the ship stops anywhere as long as they let me on board and feed me and give me drinks. No plans to get off in the Bahamas anyway. We would have only gotten off at GT and HMC and now that's history

I would hate to miss HMC, but for 50% off the cruise and 50% off ANOTHER cruise I would be more than willing....I think it is a very fair compensation by CCL. Then again, I have been to HMC a bunch of times, so I can understand some pax disappointment. I am kind of wondering what the compensation is for the pax ON the Pride NOW that will get in late. I am sure there are going to be many issues with missed flights, etc. Honestly makes me so sad because we had such a glorious 2 weeks on her the cruise before this and also a B2B last May. :(

speak for yourself because i sure as heck don't want them cancelling the cruise! we have vacation time put in and our dog being taken care of. maybe your next cruise will have an issue and they'd be better off just cancelling it...

I wasnt speaking for anything except myself. Calm down. It's not personal. It's strictly business.

Just returned on the Grandeur and the Captain mentioned that there's a 10 knot limit just outside the bay due to migrating whales. The recent track of Pride is exactly what we experienced on Grandeur just a few days ago.

BTW, the Grandeur also had issues (one engine out of four not working) making us miss Labadee and we received 20% refund as OBC.

Interesting. I didn't know that.:) But Pride was doing 10 knots well within the Bay, well past the BB&T. Do you know if the whale speed limit zone extends within the Bay? That could explain it.

That would make sense. When looking at MarineTracker earlier this morning I was wondering why she was only going 7-8 knots entering the bay.

I see on the cruise tracker Carnival Pride is making its way into Washington D.C. area right now. Does anyone know if the ship propulsion problems have been fixed or will it be repaired at the Baltimore port?

Respectfully I would not take a lot of stock in the cruise mapper. There are much more accurate ship trackers out there. And they state Pride is under power using the engine(s). If there were tugs associated with her, you would see them. Just saying.

Not sure about the link, but for sure is being tugged. Direct info from family onboard.

I see on the cruise tracker Carnival Pride is making its way into Washington D.C. area right now. Does anyone know if the ship propulsion problems have been fixed or will it be repaired at the Baltimore port?

I don't think anyone outside of CCL truly has a idea of what happened, what is happening, or what really is wrong. People have reported she is currerenty being pulled by tugs. I guess they seem optimistic it can be fixed in Baltimore and they are sending the next cruise right out (as of right now, with itinerary changes).

Thank you for your response. I have a friend waiting in Baltimore to embark. They were told they would be on the ship at 11 pm this evening. She heard the ship was repaired in Charleston, SC and now making it's way into port. We have also heard the ship was under power in limp mode? The cruise line has dropped their Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay ports and are now going to Nassau and Freeport. They were offered half off the price of the cruise and half off a future cruise.

The "Mark Moran", a tug boat, is showing as being in the near vicinity of Carnival Pride, as she approaches The Bay Bridge. Could be the Mark Moran is tugging her? (Or pushing her, based on the positioning to her aft).

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:1105187/zoom:10

That is the latest, apparently the others were not tracking for whatever reason.

She just sent a photo of that exact tug boat when it went past to come behind them.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8KeGAGWPQAmTWVha0xYZl94WTVqNm9EcUFEb1llTHgzbDRJ

She's near Gibson Island which is where I grew up but I am in Crofton now which is a tad south west. But she would take 30 minutes from Key bridge, I do believe. So maybe 2 hours.

Edited by laumicmah

Thank you for your response. I have a friend waiting in Baltimore to embark. They were told they would be on the ship at 11 pm this evening. She heard the ship was repaired in Charleston, SC and now making it's way into port. We have also heard the ship was under power in limp mode? The cruise line has dropped their Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay ports and are now going to Nassau and Freeport. They were offered half off the price of the cruise and half off a future cruise.

Hopefully for all on the next cruise they can repair quickly. From what family just told me, they hadn't stopped for repairs anywhere. Perhaps they have parts waiting for the repairs.

The problems started last night after a storm and high winds. It's hard to tell what is really wrong of course because even when on board they don't tell you too much.

Apparently they are offering the folks on the current cruise some sort of compensation it seems to be a free 7 day cruise. Her texting is terrible,, it's like translating pig latin. But if that's the case it must have been pretty bad.

Edited by bigredrado

When they give you an XX% off of a future cruise, can you combine that with sales or other discounts?

Or is it basically a percentage off of list price?[/QUOTwe received on previous cruise on CC out of Tampa and it was on what ever we booked....where ever we booked. Booked best price then signed on to Carnival and submitted a code number and they took percentage off bottom line.