Celebrity newbies questions please.....?

Qcruise

Forgive me if these questions have been tossed about previously, my wife and I have sailed with RCI, Carnival and Princess over the years. Living on the West Coast has it's challenges finding cruises that leave locally, and next year we found the Infinity is doing some California coastal cruises we're looking into. Having never sailed with Celebrity, we are unsure as to the value of "aqua class" staterooms and the associated perks. Specific to the Infinity which is an older ship although looks like it has been re-worked, could we get some veteran input as to this ship and aqua class amenities please. Thank you in advance.....California cruisers, Long Beach Ca.

If you do a search on here you'll find a lot of threads about this topic.

Imo the value is up to each individual person. If the amenities are what you're looking for at the right price for you then the value is there for you.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

The value depends on the price.

We've seen AQ premiums of $50 per day or less on some itineraries.

By the same token, we've seen AQ premiums for over $150 or more a day.

One makes sense, and the other....

Also, the M Class ships, of which Infinity is one, have some awful AQ cabins.

Edited by ECCruise

The main "perk" for Aqua is Blu. Thus if Blu is interesting it is worth some $$. If you are traveling with a group then Aqua is not good as you can only eat in Blu if in Aqua class.

Personally we turned it down as an upsell for about $400 for a 2 week cruise because of traveling with friends.

We have been on the Connie which is a M

Class Ship. If you get a C-3 cabin 6143 is a

larger balcony. It is in between Royal Suites.

There is plenty of shade but at the same time

you will still get plenty of sun!!! The cabin is

toward the back of the ship. Then again it all

comes down to price. If you watch the cabins

you may be lucky and get a sunset veranda or

may get lucky and get a family veranda which

we have done three different times. They are

nice and spacious and the very back cabin on

the ship.

Forgive me if these questions have been tossed about previously, my wife and I have sailed with RCI, Carnival and Princess over the years. Living on the West Coast has it's challenges finding cruises that leave locally, and next year we found the Infinity is doing some California coastal cruises we're looking into. Having never sailed with Celebrity, we are unsure as to the value of "aqua class" staterooms and the associated perks. Specific to the Infinity which is an older ship although looks like it has been re-worked, could we get some veteran input as to this ship and aqua class amenities please. Thank you in advance.....California cruisers, Long Beach Ca.

Disclaimer: I have not been in an AQ stateroom. In my two cruises on Celebrity, 29 days, on the Infinity we were in the CC (Concierge Class) cabins. Here is what I have gathered from my experience and from reading many Cruise Critic discussions of this issue (talking strictly about the Infinity and "identical" M class ships here):

1. The floor plans and square footage and layout of the AQ vs CC look identical.

2. The AQ rooms are mostly on deck 9. There is a large overhang above much of deck nine. Some like the extra protection from the sun. Other's (like me) would feel confined by having that "roof" overhead blocking the view. CC are mostly on Deck 8.

3. AQ class have access to the Blu restaurant and are expected to dine there. You can make other arrangements, but that is the default. Some say that Blu is wonderful, others disagree that it is all that much different from the MDR. If you are traveling with others who are not in AQ, they will not be allowed to eat in Blu with you.

4. From the deck plans etc. it seems that the Veranda staterooms are little if any different from the CC rooms.

5. CC and AQ rooms both earn 5 loyalty points per night compared to 3 points per night in the veranda rooms. Obviously not relevant if you are not planning on being a long-time Celebrity or Royal cruiser.

6. CC and AQ rooms have some minor niceties compared with the veranda. Minor details concerning room service menus, robes, toiletries, etc.

7. Veranda, CC, and AQ are all located on the same ship going the same places with the same entertainment and food and other options.

But again, note that the above is my relatively uninformed opinion. My bottom line uninformed opinion is that I love the Infinity, we very much enjoyed the ship and the crew, and I don't think you can go wrong whatever accommodations you chose.

Edited by GottaKnowWhen