BCN: Timeframe through Customs

kpd21880

This will be our first international trip and I am unsure of timeframes. Our flight lands in BCN at 8:40am. What would be a reasonable guess as to how quickly we'll be off the plane, through Customs and able to grab a cab? Thanks for any experience and assistance you can provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a great question to ask. Debating whether to meet our friends at BCN and then take a van to the hotel or just meeting them at the hotel. We arrive at 7:15am they arrive at 8:25am.

Another question that I just thought of is how long does it take to go through the process of checking in at BCN and go through security, etc. to get on our flight back to the United States?

Edited by ken_nyc

Thank you all for the replies! Very helpful. We would like to do the Fat Tire Bike Barcelona Tour at 11am and were unsure if we could meet their timeframe. (They have a bag hold at their facility). Seems like barring any delays, we should be able to make it, though it will be tight. I appreciate the information!!

I think about 60 minutes in business/first class and about 75 minutes in coach. But just like 90 minutes it can vary from flight to flight and other factors such as day or week.

Be careful with your valuables. If it was me I would have secured valuables such as passports, etc at the hotel. Watch out for the pickpockets in the city.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

Thank you all for the replies! Very helpful. We would like to do the Fat Tire Bike Barcelona Tour at 11am and were unsure if we could meet their timeframe. (They have a bag hold at their facility). Seems like barring any delays, we should be able to make it, though it will be tight. I appreciate the information!!

You will be able to meet the timeframe, but you need to consider how you'll feel after your flight. You'll be coming off an overnight flight, crossing 6 time zones, and working on little to no sleep - 11 am will be 5 am body time. Do you know how your body reacts to time changes? Just something to consider...

You will be able to meet the timeframe, but you need to consider how you'll feel after your flight. You'll be coming off an overnight flight, crossing 6 time zones, and working on little to no sleep - 11 am will be 5 am body time. Do you know how your body reacts to time changes? Just something to consider...

For sure! We are hoping it will be our "stay awake plan". :) But, we are not booking in advance, so that if we'd rather skip it, or are just too tired, we won't feel pressured to go.