Travel Insurance

wetocruise

Booked a cruise on The Oasis of Seas in Oct. I have never purchased travel insurance on previous cruises. Time has come to where so much can happen these days to interrupt travel. I'm looking for any recommendations for travel insurance that covers medical and travel issues. Thank you.

Booked a cruise on The Oasis of Seas in Oct. I have never purchased travel insurance on previous cruises. Time has come to where so much can happen these days to interrupt travel. I'm looking for any recommendations for travel insurance that covers medical and travel issues. Thank you.

Some other sites to check:

www.squaremouth.com

www.quotewright.com

http://www.tripinsurancestore.com

Thank you all for the options. I have just read to many horror stories were people wish they had insurance. I don't want to be on that list. If a critical medical situation did arise it could wipe out finances quick.

Experiencing heart failure on an RCCL cruise I was taken off the ship to a clinic in Falmouth Jamaica. From there I was taken to a brand new hospital in Mobay.

They wanted $5,000 up front until my travel insurance could be verified. The next day they wanted another $8,000 which maxed out our credit cards. My insurance was later confirmed but when I checked out four days later there was "no one in accounting" to reimburse us. We got the $13,000 back two weeks after we returned to the States. In addition to this, the 14 mile ambulance trip billed $2400, the Med-Flight back to Ft. Lauderdale was $17,000. Throw in three nights in Broward County Hospital, reimbursement for cancellation of two additional cruises we would not be able to take and you can see just what a value trip insurance can be. We use Travel Safe bought from The Insurance Store and have been very well satisfied.

BTW, after implanting a Pacemaker including two other procedures I'm back on the high seas again in May. See you in Alaska.