Magic questions

Cruisegirl6

Hello we will be doing the western itinerary and have some questions:

1- Where is the hot dog stand and are the hot dogs "better" ones or the same that are served at the grill?

2- Are the milkshakes at the cafe included in the enhanced cheers program?

3- How is the temperate in the rooms, we like to sleep at 71, some ships we find are too warm even at the lowest setting and some are fine, curious how you felt the Magic was?

4- Which dining room menu's does she have the American Table/Feast, anybody have the copies?

5-Is there a better wine menu other than the standard one at the bars?

6- Usually the mdr breakfast port days closes too early for us to make, does it still close at 9:30am or later?

Edited by lyndamr

1. The hot dog stand is on deck 12 in the sports square area amidships.

they are standard "dirty water dogs" like the ones in many big cities (steamed IIRC) No they were not particually great.

The rest I cannot help with. Both MDR's have the same menu every night.

Thank you unfortunately the same old hot dogs...I remember on one of my cruises we went to breakfast, at first thought what was sausage was the night before's old hot dogs cut in half it was really gross lol

Does anybody have the copy of the menus?

It's American table and if you search for western itinerary should find where someone has posted. I know I've seen on board.

There's plenty other options for breakfast. You can do room service or go to Blue Iguana Cantina for burritos or hueveros rancheros and Arepas. Those are our favorites. There's also buffet and omelet station.

Sorry can't answer the rest.

Thank you unfortunately the same old hot dogs...I remember on one of my cruises we went to breakfast, at first thought what was sausage was the night before's old hot dogs cut in half it was really gross lol

Does anybody have the copy of the menus?

They were edible hot dogs, and for kids rolling around the sports deck or ropes course, they did the job when they got hungry but wanted to keep playing.

I would not seek one out otherwise.

To many other better quick bite options.

Would anybody know which nights on the western caribbean they serve the lasagna, penne and short rib and the salmon, fusilli, short rib...we don't like those menus and would like to make reservations for the steakhouse anybody can help?

Thank you Trumpeter....I wish I could get the menu's in order so I can choose which nights we want to make reservations to the steakhouse and Cucina Italian.

Its generally not possible, while the port days, port of call menu is pretty straight forward, menus can and will be shuffled, so that you can't be absolutely sure what Tuesday will be from one week to the next.

I go to the La cucina the first night, usually the MDR is most hectic, longer waits, and the biggest crowds the first night.

Everyone has to be seated, find tables, etc... After that... we would just stroll right to our table with set dining.

The free wine at La cucina helps too.

Also I have kids and they like La cucina and can't eat with the kids camp, which is not open, the first night. And I'm not paying $70 for my kids to not eat much at the steakhouse.

Then I pick whatever day I want for the steakhouse. I go early and with ATD I can always slip in the MDR later if I have to have something. I can always cancel the steakhouse and someone will be on a waiting list if it's full and will be happy.

Hello we will be doing the western itinerary and have some questions:

6- Usually the mdr breakfast port days closes too early for us to make, does it still close at 9:30am or later?

We were on the March 20 Magic cruise. I can tell you the mdr breakfast was the same time every port day. Unfortunately that wasn't even until 9:30. The hours were 7 to 9 am in the Southern Lights dining room.