Anyone upgraded to Celebrity suite and still received dining

rM3panno

As the title says, has anyone upgraded to a Celebrity suite after the cutoff date for the free 1-2 specialty dinners and still received them.

My original booking was made well in advance of the cutoff date. I recently upgraded to a Celebrity suite and retained the same booking number. I was curious if I would still receive the dinners since the booking date is technically before the cutoff date or if they separately track an upgrade date.

To get the free dinners you needed to reserve a suite before January 1st. If you upgraded before that you get the dinners. After you get the perks offered when you upgraded if I read their policy. Again - I would certainly ask. Your reservation would definitely be coded now as to the upgrade date.

I recommend speaking to your Michael's Club Concierge. I just came off Reflection...I booked my S1 last year on board. My butler offered to book my "free dinner" but when I saw the charge on my folio two days later, I went down to Guest Services to enquire/verify the charge. Guest Services honestly were not sure that I was actually entitled to the free dinner (given the new change), but to their credit they did put through a call to the MC Concierge to discuss and the MC concierge advised them I was entitled and that the charge should be reversed. So net net: ask the MC concierge.

Hope that helps.

Karen

sorry for butting in but can someone explain what it means by cut off dates? I'm curious because we booked a concierge cabin a year and a half ago and then recently upgraded to Aqua, then to Celebrity suite. But today they upgraded us to the Royal. Was wondering if those free perks from Royal (internet, unlimited dining, premium drink package) will apply to us. Thanks.

Edited by lisalovlee33

The "cut off date" being discussed references the removal of a benefit. I do not recall Celebrity using it has a restriction for the addition of new benefits. Before the introduction of the Luminae for suite dining Celebrity offered one or two speciality restaurant visits with no fees. (Depending on the length of the cruise). This was a long standing benefit associated with suites. When they removed this from the benefits Celebrity allowed any suites booked prior to 1/1/16 to keep the benefit. Any Sky and a celebrity suites booked after 1/1/16 no longer include the speciality dining.

You get all the Royal Suite benefits except perhaps the extra points since it was an upgrade.

Enjoy your cruise in a Royal Suite.

sorry for butting in but can someone explain what it means by cut off dates? I'm curious because we booked a concierge cabin a year and a half ago and then recently upgraded to Aqua, then to Celebrity suite. But today they upgraded us to the Royal. Was wondering if those free perks from Royal (internet, unlimited dining, premium drink package) will apply to us. Thanks.

When you reside in the Royal (sale or upgrade) - you are entitled to all the perks.

Last year, we were upgraded from AQ to a Sky Suite and received all the SS perks.

Enjoy!!!

Heather

When you reside in the Royal (sale or upgrade) - you are entitled to all the perks.

Last year, we were upgraded from AQ to a Sky Suite and received all the SS perks.

Enjoy!!!

Heather

When you were upgraded was it through a phone call from Celebrity? Or an email? Or did you phone them?