Parking in cape liberty, nj

dianabanana1

Hi, I'm looking for any ideas on where the best place to park would be when going on a cruise out of Cape Liberty. We are cruising on RC Anthem of the Seas in June. We live in NYS and will be driving. Best options?? Stay in a hotel and park there for the 10 days and pay for a shuttle to the port or park our car in a parking facility near the port and how do we get to the ship??? Any help on this would be soooooooo appreciated! Thank you!!!:)

Hi, I'm looking for any ideas on where the best place to park would be when going on a cruise out of Cape Liberty. We are cruising on RC Anthem of the Seas in June. We live in NYS and will be driving. Best options?? Stay in a hotel and park there for the 10 days and pay for a shuttle to the port or park our car in a parking facility near the port and how do we get to the ship??? Any help on this would be soooooooo appreciated! Thank you!!!:)

what's wrong with parking at the pier?

what's wrong with parking at the pier?

I agree. Covered garage, right next to the terminal, your arrival and departure can be on your terms instead of taking a shuttle. If for any reason you are delayed in leaving the ship on your return (and sometimes it can happen), you do not need to worry about calling anyone or fighting for a taxi, just leave the ship, get your bags, clear customs and walk to your car. Parking at the pier, if I heard correctly is now $20/night of the cruise.

Parking in Bayonne Port is $20 per day. If you can find a hotel that offers a shuttle that you may leave your car on their property ...then yes, that would be an option. As far as parking your car "outside" of the Cape Liberty Port, there is nothing near-by....and even if you found somewhere, it is not walk-able. You would have to take a cab.

I recall a shuttle place somewhere, but have read many bad reviews.

I just realized you live in NY. You are staying at a hotel the night before?

Edited by champagne123
bbbbbmmm

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Whether you stay in a hotel and park there, or park at the port is something you have to decide.

I do know that the Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth has a cruise parking/shuttle package.

For a park/sleep/cruise look at Trinityreservations.com for the Ramada Plaza for a room, parking up to 21 days, and round trip port transportation for a little over $200 TAX INCLUDED!!

WOW...I say grab it. You won't do better than that.

I suppose nothing is wrong with parking at the pier. Just looking for ideas and are there more than one parking areas?? Want opinions

How far do you live? If you have to drive down the day before and stay in a hotel anyway, you might as well stay at one that includes parking, etc.

No sense in paying for a hotel stay and then pay for parking at the pier if you can get free parking at the hotel.

I suppose nothing is wrong with parking at the pier. Just looking for ideas and are there more than one parking areas?? Want opinions

I would not choose any offsite parking areas near the pier, except for the official port parking. It's not the nicest area.

Edited by clarea

Even though parking at the pier is $20 per day and can be pricey, the

convenience is well worth it. You drop off your bags before parking, and upon debarkation, the porter will take your bags to the garage and wait until you get your car. You are not sleping luggage at all!:D Priceless!

I noticed the Anthem is sailing on April 30 from the port, does

anyone know what the the parking situation will be i.e, will there be any available parking on May 1 for the Summit.

Thanks for your help

I think the design of the garage was for 900 cars. Even if it was full, they might still have the lot that is across the "street" from the garage (this was the original parking lot). They might use that for overflow but I am not sure.

I noticed the Anthem is sailing on April 30 from the port, does

anyone know what the the parking situation will be i.e, will there be any available parking on May 1 for the Summit.

Thanks for your help

That's a great question and I would love to know the answer but since your cruise is the FIRST one Summit is doing out of NJ since the new garage opened (it opened 10/22/2015) I would love it if you could come back and let us know how the parking situation worked out.

Thanks.

I would not choose any offsite parking areas near the pier, except for the official port parking. It's not the nicest area.

Hey Bob. Premier Parking is no more! There are currently no offsite parking options in Bayonne until someone opens the next extra legal operation with no livery insurance. Folks just don't understand that it's not the nicest area and you shouldn't abandon your car just anywhere and hitch a ride with an uninsured stranger.

Hey Bob. Premier Parking is no more! There are currently no offsite parking options in Bayonne until someone opens the next extra legal operation with no livery insurance. Folks just don't understand that it's not the nicest area and you shouldn't abandon your car just anywhere and hitch a ride with an uninsured stranger.

Still some cruisers have used it and said they loved it.

We were never one of them. We always parked at the pier.

Thank you so much for posting this information Carol!! I have been looking everywhere online & not having any luck. Read this and booked our room right away. We are from RI and leaving out of Port Liberty in NJ in June to Bermuda!!

Thanks again!

Kate

Edited by Katiecruiser2
Want to add in their post

Thank you everyone for responding!! Just wanted to see what everyone else has done if you had cruised out of this port before. I've always gone on cruises out of FL so wasn't familiar with the Cape Liberty port. Thanks again!

I'm also researching this for next year. We will be staying at a hotel the night before.

It looks like Hampton Inn on Staten Island has free shuttle to the cruise port and around $150 a night.

But it says sold out on the night we wanted - March 18, 2017?

Edited by toras

I'm also researching this for next year. We will be staying at a hotel the night before.

It looks like Hampton Inn on Staten Island has free shuttle to the cruise port and around $150 a night.

But it says sold out on the night we wanted - March 18, 2017?

I think you're looking too early. All the park/sleep cruise options may not be finalized until the end of the summer.

The Hampton Inn web site says that you have to book their park/sleep/cruise package to get the "free" shuttle, so it's not really free and I'm thinking it won't be $150 tax included. It will also cost you a $15 bridge toll to get onto Staten Island. There could still be Bayonne Bridge closures, so the shuttle might have to go back to NJ on the Goethals Bridge and go north on the turnpike and east at Newark Airport to go to Bayonne.

You're driving from Toronto and your cruise leaves on a Sunday, right? Have you considered just driving to the Parsipanny, NJ area and getting an inexpensive hotel for about $100 or less? Hotwire can be a good resource for this closer to your date. This is a much nicer suburban area with other services. The hotels primarily service business travelers, so weekend rates can be very good. Parking at the pier is $140 for 7 days, so you could be all in for $240.

On Sunday morning it should take you about 45 minutes to the port. When you disembark, you can just hop in your car and head home.

Will let know the parking situation when we return

That's a great question and I would love to know the answer but since your cruise is the FIRST one Summit is doing out of NJ since the new garage opened (it opened 10/22/2015) I would love it if you could come back and let us know how the parking situation worked out.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

After looking at the park, stay, and cruise at Embassy Suites in Elizabeth ($249 + transportation to the pier) I booked Embassy Suites in Piscataway for $130, and will drive to the pier and park there. It is actually cheaper than staying in Elizabeth, and according to the hotel about 25 miles. We are coming from Virginia so it won't involve extra driving. We are sailing on May 22 so fortunately we will not be dealing with commuter traffic.

After looking at the park, stay, and cruise at Embassy Suites in Elizabeth ($249 + transportation to the pier) I booked Embassy Suites in Piscataway for $130, and will drive to the pier and park there. It is actually cheaper than staying in Elizabeth, and according to the hotel about 25 miles. We are coming from Virginia so it won't involve extra driving. We are sailing on May 22 so fortunately we will not be dealing with commuter traffic.

Good decision.

Even though parking at the pier is $20 per day and can be pricey, the

convenience is well worth it. You drop off your bags before parking, and upon debarkation, the porter will take your bags to the garage and wait until you get your car. You are not sleping luggage at all!:D Priceless!

We used to use Premier Parking and loved it. But that is not available anymore.... :(

Now, for the for the first time we will have to park at the pier parking for our Anthem cruise in June. From what I have read, we drive up and drop off our luggage at the terminal entrance and then go park the car. So far, so good...

But what is the procedure when we get back from the cruise? Do we lug our luggage over to the car parking area. We do not use porters... Where does my spouse wait for me with the luggage while I get the car or do we lug the luggage directly to the car?