Summit Royal Suite

mymichala

DH and I are booked on the Summit repo cruise out of NJ on 10/16. I want to upgrade us from Sky Suite to a Royal Suite. The only two available are 6134 or 6140. Which one should I pick? I am thinking 6140- quieter. I appreciate any feedback.

We were in 6134 on Summit in January and coincidentally we will be in 6140 for Jan. 2017! Both are equally quiet and well located. All the Royal Suites received a complete makeover during the recent drydock so we can't wait to see the new look when we cruise again on Summit. Have a great cruise!:)

Hi. We have 11 days in Connie on the Med this August and deliberately booked 6134. The hope was that as it is the furthest forward it would be the least affected by any movement:) I know it's only 20 or so feet nearer the centre of the the ship but my DW reconned even that would make a difference.:D

At the top of this forum, on the right-hand side, is a tab marked "search this forum". Click on it and type what you're looking for, i.e., "Summit Royal Suites" or "Summit RS 6140".

Threads with these search parameters will pop up, and you will be able to open any and all threads that will give you loads of information that other posters have shared in the past. It's a very useful feature.:):)

We were in 6134 on the Summit last May. Very nice location and no noise. You will get both sun and shade on the verandah.

It's good to hear that they have refurbished the RS's, they needed it. Enjoy your cruise! :)

• 3 weeks later...
DH and I are booked on the Summit repo cruise out of NJ on 10/16. I want to upgrade us from Sky Suite to a Royal Suite. The only two available are 6134 or 6140. Which one should I pick? I am thinking 6140- quieter. I appreciate any feedback.

We have been in 6134 and it was nice but you did have a bit of hall noise at different times, 6140 starboard side with no side doors was great and also quiet. I stay away from the RS that boarder the Concierge cabins, they tend to be noisier and they are closer to the butler pantry. Favorite are 6140 Starboard and 6139 port side. We do like to be closest to the dockyard when in port but last two trips we were in 6139 and when facing the bay you have a lot of jet ski noise. But the Summit switches out the position a lot so you might want to keep an eye out on the web cam and see if you can set out the pattern. Have a great cruise. If you have seen any recent (post dry dock) of the RS please let me know. Thanks

This is our 1st time in Celebrity and 1st for a Royal Suite. Couple questions...

Do suite passengers get free wifi?

Will they supply extra shampoo and conditioner (4 gals)?

we have anytime dinning...but can we still make a special request where we sit? Don't want to put Baby in the corner lol

Since we are 4 Gals...and 2 are sleeping on the pull out and prob a roll away, do we request extra padding for those sleep arrangements? I have read mixed reviews about the comfort of those mentioned

And please....anyone that wants to throw in some extra pointers, please do!

This is our 1st time in Celebrity and 1st for a Royal Suite. Couple questions...

Do suite passengers get free wifi?

Will they supply extra shampoo and conditioner (4 gals)?

we have anytime dinning...but can we still make a special request where we sit? Don't want to put Baby in the corner lol

Since we are 4 Gals...and 2 are sleeping on the pull out and prob a roll away, do we request extra padding for those sleep arrangements? I have read mixed reviews about the comfort of those mentioned

And please....anyone that wants to throw in some extra pointers, please do!

In a Royal Suite [and PH], you get complimentary unlimited WiFi and you will have plenty of shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo/conditioner/shower gel bottles all look very similar and I am not convinced that the assistant stateroom attendant who looks after the bathroom always understands the difference. If you do not automatically have the type you need refreshed just have a word with your stateroom attendant or butler.

As suite guests your allocated dining room is Luminae. Celebrity's computer systems have not caught up with the current dining options. Your reservation requires early/late/anytime dining but this is meaningless for suite guests. The Luminae management prefers to have an understanding of when you are likely to want to dine but no fixed reservations. They will always try to meet everyone's preferences for where to sit but there are no bad tables. Window seats seem to be the most popular and it may not always be possible to sit everyone who wants next to a window.

Sorry, I cannot comment on the extra beds but I have a word of warning if you [as 4 girls sailing together] are on an M-class ship [summit, Infinity, Constellation and Millennium], the Royal Suites on these ships have only one bathroom. There are two on S-class ships. If you are on an M-class ship, there is an additional single wardrobe in the sitting room of the Royal Suite if you run out of space in the walk-in wardrobe.

Thanks for the pointers Project gal, they are all appreciated! Here is one more question...and this might sound petty, and I am hoping it doesn't come off that way.

I read somewhere here on CC, that the Butler will actually reserve the much sought after loungers around the pool for RS guest. Is this TRUE? I mean...I won't complain if it is.

Thanks for the pointers Project gal, they are all appreciated! Here is one more question...and this might sound petty, and I am hoping it doesn't come off that way.

I read somewhere here on CC, that the Butler will actually reserve the much sought after loungers around the pool for RS guest. Is this TRUE? I mean...I won't complain if it is.

I have sailed in a RS a few times and am sailing in the PH soon and have never been told that the butler can do this.

There are so many threads about chair hogs, and no one has ever made mention of the butler saving seats for anyone.