Eek! Last minute Cozumel ideas?

mengel246

We leave on Sunday on the Getaway and I realized I never booked anything for Cozumel. We'll be traveling with our 3 and 5 year old children. Any suggestions for good, not breaking the bank ideas to go with them?

I've read about Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia (I believe that's the name of it).. didn't know if there were any other good suggestions for extremely last minute ideas. Or if anyone just got off the boat and winged it? I like a beach and relaxing but the kids like kid water play areas better (smaller slides,etc).. but it doesn't necessarily have to be a water based day.

Thanks!

Paradise Beach is another option - no kiddie water park, but they do offer a nice beach, HUGE pool, great facilities and good food/drinks/service.

Taxi to either should be about $17+tip each way for 4 of you. Check out the web sites for both for more details.

You can google and find their website.

In addition to taxi fare, they charge $19 per adult and $10 per child for entrance fee and everything else (marine animals, etc.) is ala carte. I believe you have to reserve spots for various dolphin or other shows. Butt he site will tell you.

I hear what John says and agree on Paradise Beach, Same for Mr. Sanchos, but for younger children, Playa Mia has things more their size while still catering to Mom and Dad.

We recently had a really easy and convenient day at AI Park Royal with a 4-year old, which is within walking distance of Puerta Maya and International Piers. Unfortunately you will probably will be at Punta Langosta and would require an additional taxi fare of about $10 each way. Considering that food and drink for three of us was included and no transport costs, we felt the price was reasonable. You do not pay in advance, just purchase pass in the lobby on the day.

Under 5 was free, but you would probably have to pay half price for your 5 year old. 5 and older can use children's club, (under 5 you need to stay with them).

Here are a couple threads from our recent visit

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49061735#post49061735

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2314347

Certainly not as convenient from Punta Langosta but another option to consider.

If you are going to have to deal with transport anyway another place with small splashground to consider is AI day pass to Allegro hotel but transport and entrance fees increase costs.

Edited by c-leg5

What about Chankanaab national park? I really don't know how that works. Do you just show up? Does anyone know cost to get there and if that's worth it?

Admission to Chank is about $20 per adult; there are a few on-line coupons that will save you a few $$. Chank offers a small beach, separate snorkel lagoon area, small pool, water animal shows (dolphins, sea lions, etc.) and the taxi each way is only $10 compared to $17 each way to most of the other popular beach clubs.