Marriage license

buckeye12

Ok so we are getting married in Fort Lauderdale the day before we set sail on the conquest. We are staying at the embassy suites and I was wondering where is the court house located or where can we get our marriage license at?

Thanks

Ok so we are getting married in Fort Lauderdale the day before we set sail on the conquest. We are staying at the embassy suites and I was wondering where is the court house located or where can we get our marriage license at?

Thanks

Congratulations! Lots of folks come to south Florida to get married and http://www.sunny.org (the Fort Lauderdale tourist bureau's website) has the answers.

http://www.sunny.org/weddings/couple/marriage-license/. Check this out for all the requirements (costs, paperwork, etc.).

Where:

A marriage license or a Civil Marriage ceremony by the
, may be obtained at the following locations:

• Main Broward County Courthouse, Marriage Division

201 S. E. 6th Street, Room 270, Fort Lauderdale

• North Regional Courthouse, One-Stop Customer Service Division

1600 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Room 160, Deerfield Beach

• South Regional Courthouse, One-Stop Customer Service Division

3550 Hollywood Blvd., Room 160, Hollywood

• West Regional Courthouse, One-Stop Customer Service Division

100 N. Pine Island Road, Room 180, Plantation

• Rick Case Honda - One Stop Division

15700 Rick Case Honda Way, Davie

Staying at the Embassy Suites, you'll want to go to the main county courthouse (first bullet). I have to add that the last bullet gave me pause since that is a large, local Honda dealership :D.

Edited by capriccio

Thank u so much!!! Not knowing much about the area I didn't know which was the closest....do you think it's walkable? again thank u for ur help :))

Edited by buckeye12

Thank u so much!!! Not knowing much about the area I didn't know which was the closest....do you think it's walkable? again thank u for ur help :))

According to google maps, it is about 1.5 miles one way, most of it along Federal Highway/Route 1 and its side streets. If walking you need to take into account the heat and humidity of south Florida if you're getting married anytime between May and October. A cab or uber would take about 5 minutes depending on traffic (I'm guessing around $10 each way for a cab and less for Uber). Another alternative is the #40 bus. It is a 5 minute ride, runs every 30 minutes and is $2 per ride.

I probably wouldn't walk because the courthouse is between 3rd and Andrews Avenue and you'd have to walk down 17th and Federal and all four are VERY heavily trafficked streets.

Either take Uber or a cab.

The downtown location is very close to your hotel.

There is a three day waiting period between applying for the license and the ceremony, just like buying a gun :D

Don't scare Buckeye! The waiting period is only for Florida residents - and I don't think they are.

The only exceptions to the 3-day waiting period are:

• If the applicants reside out-of-state and are able to present valid proof of photo identification at the time of filing the marriage license application.

• If the applicants present a pre-marital course completion certificate at the time of filing the marriage license application.

Thank u I was a little worried about the three day thing so thanks to the link u sent I looked it over and ur right We are from ohio so no waiting period :))

I knew I was right because my son and his fiance, who live in Virginia, are planning a wedding in Miami Beach in November so they have done all the marriage license research :D. I figured with your screen name you were either from Ohio or went to school there.