Onboard Sunshine right now ... Any questions?

ufyellowfin

Thanks for the thread! We are sailing on her for Christmas this year. Couple of questions:

The muster drill - they use the process where everyone stands in rows on the outside deck?

Red Frog Pub - Do they have tabletop shuffleboard and/or Foosball?

Yes and yes. I don't fault the cruise lines for doing muster drill I understand it is maritime law but there has got to be a speedier/more efficient or less chaotic way to do it.

This is what I came up with but I'm sure it's flawed. Why not have each station open from 12 until 345 or 4 and allow guests , as a whole party go to their station at some point during this time. Have some available crew check them off a list and while there have someone demonstrate how to put the life jacket on. At around 3:45 to 4 have an announcement to go back over the safety procedures and utilize the in room tvs if necessary. That's just my thought but not sure if it's the legal way to do it.

Any chance you could ask Dario or any of the other bartenders in the Alchemy Bar what proportions they use in the Alchemist's Sidecar (cognac : patron citronage : lime : simple syrup)?

I'll Check tomorrow for you.

Have never been to Grand Turk and I see your getting a golf cart.How did you go about getting it & please tell me where you went & what you did please

I called the place that gets high ratings Karib Rentals about a month ago but they were booked. I tried to reach out to wet money but got no response. A buddy of mine that still captains a 92 foot Viking that fishes out of the Turks occasionally said to try Nathan Smith at smith rentals. I called him he called me right back and I got a 4 person for 100 bucks for the day. They may not be the best on the island from what I read but my buddy said it will work for the day and it's all I could find. I'll let you know what kinda trouble we get into down there and report back.

We sail on Apr 29 - What are the Dive In movies that are schedule for the Sunshine :confused:

Thanks

Night 1) 7:30 Minions and 10:30 Daddy's home

Night 2) 7:30 Cinderella and 10:00 Pitch Perfect 2

Night 3) 7:00 Age of Ultron

Night 4) 7:00 Hunger Games Mockingjay and 10:00 Spectre

Night 5) 7:30 Jurassic World and 10:00 Star Wars force awakens

Night 6) 7:00 Creed and 9:30 The Martian, then at 11:45 in the theatre is The Revenant

Night 7) 7:00 Ant Man

Night 8) 7:30 Inside Out and 9:30 Hotel Transylvania 2

Edited by ufyellowfin

Glad to hear you like the cabin...we have the cabin next to you next month. I would like to request the Sunrise upper dining room for our 6pm seating because we have a large crowd all staying in the same location so it would be convenient. If you can, please take a look this evening and see if there are several large tables close together where 30 plus people could be seated. I don't want to request it and then not have large tables together. I know Sunset could accommodate us in that regard. Thanks so much and enjoy your cruise!

Shoot me an email, dmasseyoffshore at g mail dot com

We have friends sailing the Sunshine now to, I hope your weather is good. Thanks for your updates, looking forward to them

So far it's been beautiful. It was a bit windy crossing the Gulf Stream yesterday evening but not rough just really hard to be up on deck 10 or 11 with the kids. Hoping it holds out the rest of the trip.

The image is our current location, about 110 miles north of Cuba about 25 miles Southwest of Acklins Island Bahamas.

image.jpg.35417032816646dd1e73b8257840bd2a.jpg

Edited by ufyellowfin

So I called my PVP and he said if the kids liked the sunshine last year it's heading to Curaçao , Aruba , and Grand Turk. I told him I would like to be on the 5th floor, last cruise we had a ocean view on it and liked the new room with the small refrigerator in it. Also the fact that our dining is one floor down, kids club is 5 floors up, the little slides and splash park is outside on deck 10 right by kids club and elevators are close but not too close makes it a great spot in our opinion. He booked me this aft balcony room 5346 and I couldn't be more pleased..

Hello!

I am booked in this sane cabin 5346 for the May 21st sailing. Any photos of the room, especially the balcony please?

Thanks,

David.

The only thing I've gotten irritated with so far on this cruise are the couple of rude people that walk right in front of me to get on an elevator I've been waiting on for a few minutes, then have the balls to say "when it opens you gotta be quick!".

The same thing happened to me on the Pride, I was appalled at people's manners. At first when I noticed the little kids doing it, I thought, kids will be kids. But then I realized they got that habit from their parents!

I also just love when I'm going to get off the elevator and people are rushing on before I could even get off! Common courtesy on elevators everywhere, let the people off first people trying to get in.

I'll Check tomorrow for you.

You are awesome, thank you.

I didn't think of asking for the recipe until I tried making a Sidecar and home and discovered that Carnival has their own spin on the drink. Bartenders on Celebrity and HAL cruises had no problem giving me the recipes for their martinis.

I booked almost same itinerary for 2018.We got a aft extended for 1 st time 7333. Are the balcony's hot or shaded? Is there a lot of vibration/movement? How about privacy? Looks like your neighbor can look onto your balcony. We were on Sunshine 2015-2016 New Years cruise and loved her then.Thanks !

For future ext aft cruisers on Deck 7, 7324 and 7327 are smaller than the other ext afts on Deck 7. There is no sofa or coffee table in those cabins and the tv can be in a weird place. The balcony is still big, but I was def disappointed on our Breeze ext aft cabin a couple of years ago. Even the PVP's sometimes are not aware of the cabin differences, so check yourself on the Carnival website. Go to Deck Plans for your ship, click on the cabin and then Details and if it doesn't say sofa and table you have a smaller ext aft.

I have a question, if you don't mind. We sail on her in August. My oldest (18yo) is now too old to do the clubs now. In the fun times, are there any listings for 18-20yo meet up times scheduled? Thanks!! And enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Any chance you could ask Dario or any of the other bartenders in the Alchemy Bar what proportions they use in the Alchemist's Sidecar (cognac : patron citronage : lime : simple syrup)?

1/4 shot patron, full shot cognac, one whole lime, table spoon or slightly less simple syrup , sugar on the rim

Edited by ufyellowfin

1/4 shot patron, full shot cognac, one whole lime, table spoon or slightly less simple syrup , sugar on the rim

Thank you so much! :) Those proportions are very different from the sidecar recipes I've looked up online. You rock!

Hi, We hope to book the New England/Canada cruise on the Sunshine for mid to late September of this year. We have always had a balcony, but are wondering if we would spent much time on it in September, so we are considering an ocean view. We've never had a stateroom below deck 6, and I am concerned about how that would be as MOST ocean views are on decks one and two. When I talked to someone at Carnival, he told me there are obstruction (or partial) ocean views decks 6 and 7. They cost less than those on decks 1 and 2, and that leads me to believe they are less desirable. I would appreciate hearing anyone's opinions on ocean view in general and those with partial view in particular. Thank you for any information you can give me. (A picture of one with obstructed view would be wonderful!)

Thanks very much.

Hi, We hope to book the New England/Canada cruise on the Sunshine for mid to late September of this year. We have always had a balcony, but are wondering if we would spent much time on it in September, so we are considering an ocean view. We've never had a stateroom below deck 6, and I am concerned about how that would be as MOST ocean views are on decks one and two. When I talked to someone at Carnival, he told me there are obstruction (or partial) ocean views decks 6 and 7. They cost less than those on decks 1 and 2, and that leads me to believe they are less desirable. I would appreciate hearing anyone's opinions on ocean view in general and those with partial view in particular. Thank you for any information you can give me. (A picture of one with obstructed view would be wonderful!)

Thanks very much.

I'll take care of it. The partial/obstructed views are because of the lifeboats. May I suggest opting for a scenic ocvienview. They are on the front of the ship and I almost got one last trip but my mom and dad would have had to stay in their location aft and we wanted to be closer. Our ocean view in 5316 last year was kind of a waste. It had so much salt spray you couldn't even see out of it 95% of the time. But I'll get pics of the obstructed today when we get off in Curaçao.