Onboard Sunshine right now ... Any questions?

ufyellowfin

Yes and yes. I don't fault the cruise lines for doing muster drill I understand it is maritime law but there has got to be a speedier/more efficient or less chaotic way to do it.

This is what I came up with but I'm sure it's flawed. Why not have each station open from 12 until 345 or 4 and allow guests , as a whole party go to their station at some point during this time. Have some available crew check them off a list and while there have someone demonstrate how to put the life jacket on. At around 3:45 to 4 have an announcement to go back over the safety procedures and utilize the in room tvs if necessary. That's just my thought but not sure if it's the legal way to do it.

Just do like NCL-Each station the crewmember has a clipboard with all the room numbers in that station. When you get to your station the crewmember crosses you off the list. Then they give the speech and then you leave. I swear last time it took all of 11 minutes!

I have a question, if you don't mind. We sail on her in August. My oldest (18yo) is now too old to do the clubs now. In the fun times, are there any listings for 18-20yo meet up times scheduled? Thanks!! And enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On our Christmas cruise on the Sunshine, I noticed that the fun times listed some gatherings for 18- to 20-year-olds.

Was on the Sunshine in January and found it to be wonderful. We were in an aft wrap cabin on 6 and it was awesome, so much so we booked the same cabin for February, 2017.

Have to agree with OP-the muster drill was no fun AT ALL, but I can't imagine they ever really are :confused:

Hope you are having a great time!

On our Christmas cruise on the Sunshine, I noticed that the fun times listed some gatherings for 18- to 20-year-olds.

That was the #LIV1820 program, which was a bust, and has been scrapped.. They are supposed to be looking to try something else or revamp it...

How is the movement of the ship in the very back? Is it rocky or shaky? Did u get photos yet of the room?

I'm working on it , I got some of the balcony will get more after dinner. As far as movement , no. It's the aft of the ship so there is minimal movement felt. Some vibration and the door to the safe in this room makes a rattling noise.

Hi, We hope to book the New England/Canada cruise on the Sunshine for mid to late September of this year. We have always had a balcony, but are wondering if we would spent much time on it in September, so we are considering an ocean view. We've never had a stateroom below deck 6, and I am concerned about how that would be as MOST ocean views are on decks one and two. When I talked to someone at Carnival, he told me there are obstruction (or partial) ocean views decks 6 and 7. They cost less than those on decks 1 and 2, and that leads me to believe they are less desirable. I would appreciate hearing anyone's opinions on ocean view in general and those with partial view in particular. Thank you for any information you can give me. (A picture of one with obstructed view would be wonderful!)

Thanks very much.

You might want to look into a Cat 4J on Deck 3. It is classed as an interior with a Picture Window. These are new cabins and overlook the Promenade Deck under the life boats. You can look out and see the ocean. The life boats do not block your view.

Just remember to keep your curtains drawn if you need privacy because there will be some folks out there because it is so close to the water. :)

That was the #LIV1820 program, which was a bust, and has been scrapped.. They are supposed to be looking to try something else or revamp it...

I was so excited for a second there...[emoji20]. I hope they do something. I love my DS, but I don't want to spend my ENTIRE cruise with him. That's why I love the clubs! [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm working on it , I got some of the balcony will get more after dinner. As far as movement , no. It's the aft of the ship so there is minimal movement felt. Some vibration and the door to the safe in this room makes a rattling noise.

Ok, thanks.

One question, heard many people talk about that ship and having that crowded feeling on her, do you find that also?

Bon Voyage!!

My experience last month on Sunshine was that sometimes yes, other times not as bad as I expected. I expected to wait in a LONG line for Guy's burgers. It never was bad, even on sea days. I expected deck chairs around the pool and up in Serenity to be few and far between, and on sea days if you get out there after 9:00, you will have trouble. That said, I did see the crew placing the little stickers on empty chairs, so they were trying to enforce it.

The only time I ever had a difficult time finding a seat in the Lido buffet was breakfast on the day of debarkation. Wander back to the Havana bar, and there was typically lots of seating.

I'd heard the comedy club seating was tight, and that is the truth. My husband would often show up 20-30 minutes before a performance to get us seats, and that early had no problem getting seats. But for the later shows there was often a big line.

My favorite spot ended up being Serenity Deck 12. Right below the bar. It was the least crowded spot, least amount of "through traffic" and plenty of shade for those of us who need it.

The muster drill - they use the process where everyone stands in rows on the outside deck?

Red Frog Pub - Do they have tabletop shuffleboard and/or Foosball?

Muster drill: Depends on your station. In my station, yes that was the case. But some people had their muster station inside in various places, so they got to sit in regular seats.

Red Frog Pub: I recall for sure seeing tabletop shuffleboard and darts. I know I saw foosball somewhere on the ship... can't recall where. Might have been red frog, might have been up on the sports deck.

I just thought of a question. Where is karaoke held? I was just looking at the deck plans and it occurred to me there are no nightclub venues like there are on Fantasy class ships. I know liquid Lounge turns into a night club late but that can't be the karaoke venue, can it?

Also, what time is the family comedy? Since you have to wait in line to get a seat I wondered if we can get through 6pm dining and make it to comedy.

Muster drill: Depends on your station. In my station, yes that was the case. But some people had their muster station inside in various places, so they got to sit in regular seats.

Red Frog Pub: I recall for sure seeing tabletop shuffleboard and darts. I know I saw foosball somewhere on the ship... can't recall where. Might have been red frog, might have been up on the sports deck.

Red Frog does have a foosball table too. I think there was a dominos table as well as the shuffleboard and darts. We were on the Sunshine the last week in March.

We were in a 4J cabin on deck 3 (interior w/obstructed view- loved it!) and our muster station was inside the theater/Liquid Lounge.

Edited by AnnaBeth

Routine hotel maintenance, replacing carpet, cleaning hull, working on propulsion system.. Standard fare..

Two weeks is a long time for replacing carpets and routine maintenance. I was wondering if they're adding or refitting something.

I just thought of a question. Where is karaoke held? I was just looking at the deck plans and it occurred to me there are no nightclub venues like there are on Fantasy class ships. I know liquid Lounge turns into a night club late but that can't be the karaoke venue, can it?

Also, what time is the family comedy? Since you have to wait in line to get a seat I wondered if we can get through 6pm dining and make it to comedy.

I saw karaoke in the Limelight lounge (which is where the comedy is, as well) a few times.

Regarding family comedy, I think it started at 7:30. I do remember rushing through dinner (ours was at 6:00) and making it to the family comedy.

Two weeks is a long time for replacing carpets and routine maintenance. I was wondering if they're adding or refitting something.

When we were on the Sunshine at the end of March one of our waiters told us they were also adding crew cabins because they are short staffed and don't have enough room for more crew. No clue where they're putting them though!

Any word about the upcoming dry dock?

ROFL ... I read your question and went to query the forum to see if there was any solid information. Below are some of the RUMORS I copied and pasted from a thread on Sunshine's Dry Dock. The entries are all by different posters.:)

NONE OF THESE ARE VERIFIED (even JH's differ in places):D:D

Someone had posted via info. from their PVP, that during the Sunshine Drydock in May, they are going to move the Sushi place, make the piano bar larger, and make the comedy club larger, while widening some of the halls on 4th floor, as well as painting and replacing carpeting too. Anyone else here this???

I asked John Heald about it a few weeks ago when I first heard rumors.

Per John Heald : Yes indeed, she does go in then for 2 weeks dry dock and will receive a great makeover and new carpets and lots of cleaning etc. She will look amazing when she comes out and heads to Charleston.

John Heald denied the rumor unfortunately. No plans to make the comedy club or piano bar larger

According to JH, the dry dock will be maintenance to the engines, propulsion parts, cleaning of the hull, new carpet, etc.. No mention of anything with the comedy club or the restaurants..

I was told that they are going to try to take half of the bar out of the Punchliner in order to put more seating in. This was from an upper ship management person. The PB bartender said they were trying to make the PB bigger but it was not looking good for that. Guess we will see.

Go to Carnival Sunshine, deck plans, deck 7, click on cabin number, click on details and 360 degree view. You will see why it is smaller. Don't get stuck b/c no one will tell you the cabin is smaller. Good luck!