Need help with finding round trip Europe cruises

Sigyn

I'd like to take a 7 day or 8 day European cruise to warm weather ports in August or September this year, but I'm having trouble finding cruises that embark and debark at the same port. I need to do this to save on airfare. It's approximately $1,000 more per person to do two one way trips to/from Europe vs. booking a round trip airfare.

I see that carnival has the new Vista ship with round trips from Barcelona, but anyone else?

I'd like to take a 7 day or 8 day European cruise to warm weather ports in August or September this year, but I'm having trouble finding cruises that embark and debark at the same port. I need to do this to save on airfare. It's approximately $1,000 more per person to do two one way trips to/from Europe vs. booking a round trip airfare.

I see that carnival has the new Vista ship with round trips from Barcelona, but anyone else?

You don't need to book 2 one-way flights.

Pretty much all airlines give you a 'multi-city' search option. Plus, a good place to start your search for airfare is ITA Matrix (https://matrix.itasoftware.com). You can't book on the site, but you can play around with lots of options to show you what's available. For example, playing around with completely random dates in August-September, I found that flying from Louisville to Barcelona, then home from Rome was only a bit more than $100 more than the straight round-trip to BCN. Run a few searches and see what comes up.

Also, check with the cruise line. Some have become much more competitive with their airfares. I recently booked flights for a Princess cruise and their prices were lower than the online TA's and the airlines that I checked.

Go to http://www.cruisetimetables.com and from the list of ports of call, choose a port you want to visit, or that is usually on a cruise but not an embarkation port. I chose Livorno (for Florence) and came up with lots of options. You can board NCL Epic at almost any port on her itinerary and have a 7 day R/T cruise. As to warm weather ports, August will not give you warm weather, but HOT weather, especially in the Eastern Med. Keep that in mind when you are planning all day excursions in 90 degree heat. EM

Why would you do two one-way flights? Just do a multi-city routing with a start or end in a great city for extended pre/post cruise stay (e.g., Rome or Lisbon).

Also, check out Oceania, whose cabin price includes airfare (or you can take a credit and book your own).