Camp ocean/camp carnival

jayowl

Does anyone know what activities they offer a 2 year old in the camp ocean program? I will be traveling on the glory in June with my 2 year old son and wondering if it's worth it to bring my son to the program? Plus any tips about it will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My 2 year old (now 6) was hit and miss on her first Camp Carnival experience. She enjoyed it some times and not so much others.

However, Lots of fun play. I would take him by and let him look. We picked Carnival originally because they changed diapers and 2 year old's could participate in the Camp.

they do music dance games, painting, coloring, story time,...

I also am going with carnival for that reason because mostly all other lines require a child to be 3. Hopefully he takes well to it. Thanks very much

My son loved camp when he was 2.5 yo. I'm sure if you search, you can find a schedule of 2-5 yo activities. If not, someone may have one to post for you. They do all sorts of crafts and games. For a 2 yo, they will probably give you a phone so they can reach you if your kid wants/needs to leave. An added bonus, any one of the white phones around the ship can ring the phone that the give you, so you can use it to communicate with the rest of your party.

Does anyone know what activities they offer a 2 year old in the camp ocean program? I will be traveling on the glory in June with my 2 year old son and wondering if it's worth it to bring my son to the program? Plus any tips about it will be greatly appreciated.

In that age group they play games, have free time with the toys, and do a lot of crafts. It's free until 10 pm, so yes it's worth it. After 10 they charge $7(?) per hour for babysitting. That's well worth it too if you want some adult time without your child in the evenings.

Our 2.5 year old son enjoyed Camp Ocean on the Glory a few weeks back. The staff have always been great at Camp Carnival/Camp Ocean with our daughter (now 9, first cruised right after she turned 2) and now our son.

Edited by gtalum

Will staff help a potty trained 2.5 yr use the restroom? My son is potty trained, he just needs help with his clothes and what not.

I'm impressed that he's potty trained! We're working on it with ours but he's not quite there yet.

In my experience, yes they will help him in any way that he needs help to go potty. The Camp Carnival staff has always been awesome..

LOl I booked Carnival 6 years ago because of kids club for 2 years old not 3 years old like on other lines. Did not work for us .My DD did not want to spend 10 minus there :mad::D but she never been in day care before. If you child used to day care he may love it. They have lots to do. Try it for 30 min or so and see how he acts .

• 1 month later...

Do parents leave their child there all day sometimes?!?! Can you drop off , come back in two hours, then do whatever, then drop back off for another hour, etc?!?! Or do you have to leave them there all day?!?!?

Our child has never been in daycare, but starts preschool for two year olds this fall (for two days a week), and looking to go on Carnival Sunshine next June (2017) when she is almost 3.

Seems like Carnival would suit her well. I'm hoping to get mom and dad time, but at the same time, get family time.....

You can drop them off for a few hours, pick them up, and then check them back in. Its totally up to you and them how long they are there! My daughter brings a highlighter and will highlight the activities she wants to do and will make sure that we have her there on time for them. She's 8 lol. My son has gone since he was 3 and enjoyed it both times we've cruised!

My son has enjoyed Camp Carnival - Camp Ocean since 3 years old. He is 12 now. Of course, he has always gone to daycare so he is accustomed to being around others kids and with caregivers and teachers. He thoroughly enjoyed it. We would go the first night and from then on he would go each night for the fun party they offered. They have t-shirt painting, games, movie nights, parades, etc. Mostly my son would go during baby-sitting time, starting around 8pm then until about midnight but in recent years, he has asked to go around dinner time until midnight-1am because he enjoys it. It allows him to spend time with us some but also with his age group and not have to hang with the adults or spend time watching TV in the evening. They have so many activities - but also outside of camp, the dive in movies are fun but moreso for the 10 plus age group. During the day, its mostly pool and slides.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info above... wondering if the camp times vary depending on port schedules, etc. I read that camp is free until 10pm is that every night? My children are all in their 20's, but my best friend is travelling with me in September and her girls are 5 and 6. Thanks!