Cost of flights on P&O med cruise?

ukoyster7

I've found it impossible to find out the cruise only cost of a med cruise in 2017. Does anyone know how much the difference might be?

I'm keen to book my own flight as I can then choose my flight timings and maybe get a decent deal for Club Europe.

I assume the P&O flight-included price also covers the cost of transfer to ship. But I suspect there's a large 'peace of mind' premium charged too.

The only way to find out is to phone P & O and ask the question. If they are using charter flights it is unlikely that they will give a discount for not using the flight portion of the package. They don't on the Caribbean fly cruises. If they are using scheduled flights they might have got the price down by taking a block booking. It might be worth phoning twice, just to see if you get the same answer !

I've found it impossible to find out the cruise only cost of a med cruise in 2017. Does anyone know how much the difference might be?

I'm keen to book my own flight as I can then choose my flight timings and maybe get a decent deal for Club Europe.

I assume the P&O flight-included price also covers the cost of transfer to ship. But I suspect there's a large 'peace of mind' premium charged too.

Check with the company but I suspect the cruise only price is the same as the total package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Check with the company but I suspect the cruise only price is the same as the total package.

If you wanted to book only the cruise without the flights as an individual that might be true.

However travel agents who put together a package of flights/hotels and the cruise get access to a 'cruise only' price from P&O.

I have booked several of these as the travel agent I use is completely flexible with the flights. Although they advertise a fly cruise for £x from Gatwick, if you want flights from a different place, or want to fly on BA rather than Easyjet, it is no problem, they just reprice.

So for the OP wanting specific flights, this would be the way to go.

The downside of doing this, is that if P&O's flight is delayed, the ship waits (or you are transferred on to the next port).

However if your travel agent package is late, well...

To get around this problem, the travel agent will normally only allow you to book flights that arrive more than a certain number of hours before departure and the same on the return. Alternatively they package it together with a day or two in a hotel before or after the cruise (again they will vary the hotel as you want).

I asked P & O this very question only yesterday, although it was for the one way flight for cruise from Malta on 19.10.17 as was hoping to spend a few days in Malta first. I don't know if it's the same for return flights but the lady I spoke to gave me a price of £100 less if we took our own flights. I then tried a dummy booking online and when it got the flight option and which airport you could opt for no flight and again it was £100 less.

hope this helps

we have recently booked for may this year and as we are returning on the orient express took the no flight option and had £200 per person deducted. we are booked on the ba flight from gatwick and this flight and the one after it are used by p&o so we should be fine if there are any delays but if in doubt we would travel the day before