Deluxe Balcony as a quad on Royal Princess

dogsambam

We are booked in a deluxe balcony on the Royal Princess, Dec 20 Christmas sailing. I booked a quad deluxe balcony for myself, my wife our 7 year old and 11 year old. I keep reading how small these cabins are. Does anyone have any experience with a quad? Please let me know how crammed it was, or not crammed? Any photos with the upper berth lowered?

Thank you.

OP - while I haven't stayed in a balcony quad, I've seen one with all of the beds in place and it looked incredibly cramped. The sideways inside quad actually looked more spacious with all of the beds in place. Personally, I would go with a mini-suite that can hold four. You'll have a sofa that becomes a nice twin and a bed from the ceiling (I think). Much, much more spacious and livable. The quad balcony is doable but way tight! Have a great trip!

Another alternative is getting a second (inside) cabin for your kids across the hall from yourself .

Of course you have to be comfortable doing this . Holiday cruise prices are understandable high but I'm

always surprised how small a premium there often is between 3rd + 4th charges and just getting a 2nd cabin .

I think you are right CI66774 , the inside sideways quads did seem to be more workable then balcony quads .

Another alternative is getting a second (inside) cabin for your kids across the hall from yourself .

Of course you have to be comfortable doing this . Holiday cruise prices are understandable high but I'm

always surprised how small a premium there often is between 3rd + 4th charges and just getting a 2nd cabin .

I think you are right CI66774 , the inside sideways quads did seem to be more workable then balcony quads .

I believe Princess requires an adult to be in a cabin with children.

Edited by lolane1
spelling correction

We just sailed quad in a window room on the Ruby with our 2 kids. It actually wasn't nearly as cramped as I thought it would be. There was plenty of storage for the 4 of us (it was a 10 days cruise, so lots of luggage!). The beds were put up during the day, and then lowered at night. I believe with the balcony you will have slightly more square footage.

I didn't love having my husband and I sleeping in twin beds, but it wasn't a big deal. We would for sure sail quad in a cabin again, if there's a significant price break on the 3rd and 4th passengers (on our cruise, they were less than half). If they were around the same price, then I would get adjoining cabins.

I have photos I can post once I figure out how to do it. :)

We just sailed quad in a window room on the Ruby with our 2 kids. It actually wasn't nearly as cramped as I thought it would be. There was plenty of storage for the 4 of us (it was a 10 days cruise, so lots of luggage!). The beds were put up during the day, and then lowered at night. I believe with the balcony you will have slightly more square footage.

I didn't love having my husband and I sleeping in twin beds, but it wasn't a big deal. We would for sure sail quad in a cabin again, if there's a significant price break on the 3rd and 4th passengers (on our cruise, they were less than half). If they were around the same price, then I would get adjoining cabins.

I have photos I can post once I figure out how to do it. :)

SeanKaren, I think the Royal Princess deluxe balcony quad is a somewhat different set up than the Ruby.

I was in a deluxe balcony on Regal and I would not want to share it with three or four people. Too tight in my opinion. The balconies are also absolutely puny and worthless. The chairs out there face each other not the ocean because the balcony is so narrow you can't sit looking out at the sea. So if you are booking for extra space- not really going to be that much room.

I would book connecting cabins (there are some on the ship) and book one parent in each cabin or get a mini suite. It will be worth it IMO.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain