Liberty cruise report | 032016-032716 | Falmouth, George Town, Cozumel

M_BA

After dinner, we returned to our cabin and found our bags inside our room. We unpacked them and I then took in the beautiful sunset. I really appreciate the view of the ocean, especially sunrises and sunsets.

IMG_20160320_194331.jpg

It helps to remind me that life is often too short and to be fully enjoyed. It also helps to remind me that on my worse day, I'm still better off then 99.99% of the world. It helps put into perspective the trivial nature of many irritants in life that aren't worth wasting any time over.

IMG_20160320_194310.jpg

After the sunset, we headed down to the Promenade to take in the atmosphere and entertainment. We chose to skip the evening show 'Welcome Aboard with Andy Hendrickson' and the Ice Skating show.

As the winds were quite gusty and it was cool outside, the interior Promenade was hopping. The ship was at full capacity, but never felt like were were smothered. We bounced around several venues before retiring to our room around O' dark thirty.

Couldn't agree more! Love your review!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

are there any 'extra special' deals if you book your next cruise while sailing on your current cruise (future cruise sales)... I know about the reduced deposit but is that really it?

On board credit in addition to the reduced deposit.

Thank you so much! I am really enjoying your review and great pictures!

We get to board in 12 days!!! :D We're doing this same itinerary just in reverse. I would like to hear about the tendering process in Grand Cayman since we're doing a private excursion.

I was on Liberty of the Seas last week. Ours was the Roatan/Belize/Cozumel itinerary, but I suspect it is handled the same on your itinerary. We also had a non-ship excursion planned for Belize – a tender port on Thursday (Day 5). There was a note in Tuesday’s Cruise Compass (Day 3) stating that tender tickets would be available from 9:00 am – 11:00 am outside the Michelangelo dining room. The notice said to bring your excursion booking confirmation. I got there about 8:50 and the staff member was just arriving. There were maybe 10-15 of us who lined up to get tickets, so I had no problem getting a Tender 1 ticket. The person did examine the meeting time on my excursion paperwork. Tender tickets were also available at 8:00 am on the day we were in Belize.

On the tender day they seemed to operate ship excursions from the Port side and others from Starboard.

Hope that helps some.

Tim

are there any 'extra special' deals if you book your next cruise while sailing on your current cruise (future cruise sales)... I know about the reduced deposit but is that really it?

Yes, you'll receive OBC, on board credit based on the room you choose. If you use the OBC on board your current cruise then it's non-refundable. If you save the OBC for your future cruise then it is fully refundable. OMB also equals your deposit amount.

great review thanks, how does it feel by the flowrider with all of the slides, it now looks really crowded.

The Flow-rider area wasn't overly crowded. There is audience seating for about 60-70 persons with partial canopy shade. There were usually 50-100 people when the FlowRider was in operation. The area directly around the two new slides is a bit crowded.

I love me a man who wears boots with his tux....are you sure you aren't a Texican?;)

I have dress shoes I bought, along with my tuxedo, back in 2001. I have never worn them, as I've always worn my black boots instead.

My better half says you can have me, and the boots too. You'll also be required to take all the baggage; including six kids (five in elementary school and one high schooler), four dogs, a cat and all the uninvited snakes on our property. :D

We returned to our room and found our ship mail, the Day 3 Cruise Compass. We also were greeted by our first towel animal. Our shepherds would have loved to play tug of war with that!

IMG_20160321_200457.jpg

We then headed to the Platinum theatre to watch Paul Boland. He does a plethora of voice impressions and was very entertaining. Paul also brought all the kids in the audience onto the stage towards the end. The kids, and adults, enjoyed this.

IMG_20160321_205753.jpg

IMG_20160321_205755.jpg

After the show, it was back to the Promenade for more entertainment.

We returned to our room and found our ship mail, the Day 3 Cruise Compass. We also were greeted by our first towel animal. Our shepherds would have loved to play tug of war with that!

IMG_20160321_200457.jpg

May I ask what the pins were for? Oh and my Golden Retrievers would make mincemeat out of that towel animal....

May I ask what the pins were for? Oh and my Golden Retrievers would make mincemeat out of that towel animal....

Hi Laurie,

The pins are from Crown & Anchor for the Platinum level. Some cruisers wear pins with their formal wear. I mainly see the D+ and Pinnacle pins. Ours are somewhere in the bottom of my carry-on duffel. :D

Regards,

Michael

Hi Laurie,

The pins are from Crown & Anchor for the Platinum level. Some cruisers wear pins with their formal wear. I mainly see the D+ and Pinnacle pins. Ours are somewhere in the bottom of my carry-on duffel. :D

Regards,

Michael

We're Emerald and have never received a pin?? Maybe on this cruise we will. Thanks for such a great review.

Laurie

i have dress shoes i bought, along with my tuxedo, back in 2001. I have never worn them, as i've always worn my black boots instead.

My better half says you can have me, and the boots too. You'll also be required to take all the baggage; including six kids (five in elementary school and one high schooler), four dogs, a cat and all the uninvited snakes on our property. :d

lmao!!! :)

Edited by Sunny7961

I have dress shoes I bought, along with my tuxedo, back in 2001. I have never worn them, as I've always worn my black boots instead.

My better half says you can have me, and the boots too. You'll also be required to take all the baggage; including six kids (five in elementary school and one high schooler), four dogs, a cat and all the uninvited snakes on our property. :D

No thanks, I'm taken already but she better be careful or some one around here will snag ya!;)

Love reading about your trip. Beautiful pictures! You and your wife look so happy! I read about getting tendering tickets. What are those? I've been on 3 previous cruises and never heard of them. I will be going on Liberty in July.

Love reading about your trip. Beautiful pictures! You and your wife look so happy! I read about getting tendering tickets. What are those? I've been on 3 previous cruises and never heard of them. I will be going on Liberty in July.

It depends on the port. Some issue tickets that determine the order in which you get off the ship to be tendered into the port. Your Cruise Compass will let you know if tender tickets are being used for a particular port.

This qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment. Nothing all day. :eek:

It's been a busy day reading back and forth with the Kummelweck, Empress rats and C&A Changes/Enhancements. :D

I'm working parallel on dinner for eight as I prepare the next thread. ;)