NCL Questions

RobinKY

Taking my first NCL cruise on Sky in 3 weeks. Some questions about NCL and may post more as I think of them.

1. It is just my wife & I. Under the free style dining, is it possible to get table for 2 or do they shuffle you in and seat you together at larger tables?

2. I prepaid gratuities. I read in a review, that it was stated the $13.50/day doesn't cover room steward or bar staff and you were expected to tip additional. True or bad information?

3. Are the MDRs open for breakfast & lunch as well?

4. We enjoy sitting in sun with frozen cocktails. Any NCL frozen specialties?

5. Any other tips?

1. Yes, the freestyle option is meant for you to sit with your party, regardless of size. So if you would like to sit with others you can request it, but you can certainly get a table for two.

2. The daily tips cover the 'included' items. So your room and wait staff. The extra items, like drinks, spa, excursions, etc, will not be included. However if you have the specialty dining or ubp package you would have paid a service charge for those.

3. Mdr is def open for breakfast and lunch on sea days. I think just breakfast on port days though.

Don't have answers for the other two

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Taking my first NCL cruise on Sky in 3 weeks. Some questions about NCL and may post more as I think of them.

1. It is just my wife & I. Under the free style dining, is it possible to get table for 2 or do they shuffle you in and seat you together at larger tables?

no problem getting a two top any time

2. I prepaid gratuities. I read in a review, that it was stated the $13.50/day doesn't cover room steward or bar staff and you were expected to tip additional. True or bad information?

DSC covers your room steward. No additional tip

3. Are the MDRs open for breakfast & lunch as well?

yes

4. We enjoy sitting in sun with frozen cocktails. Any NCL frozen specialties?

Mango Meltdown. Bushwacker

5. Any other tips?

Enjoy! We went on the Sky twice last year

1. It is just my wife & I. Under the free style dining, is it possible to get table for 2 or do they shuffle you in and seat you together at larger tables? You should be able to get a table for 2.

2. I prepaid gratuities. I read in a review, that it was stated the $13.50/day doesn't cover room steward or bar staff and you were expected to tip additional. True or bad information? The cabin steward is covered by this.

3. Are the MDRs open for breakfast & lunch as well? Open for breakfast. Only open for lunch on sea days.

4. We enjoy sitting in sun with frozen cocktails. Any NCL frozen specialties? I love the frozen virgin strawberry daiquiri, but am sure they are twice as good with alcohol.

5. Any other tips?

Hope this helps. Edited by NLH Arizona

Would requesting a table for 2 take longer in MDRs? We are late diners and try to avoid the rush.

It shouldn't. We never found requesting a table for 2 to be any longer on all the NCL ships we've sailed. As far as drinks are concerned try the pain killer or the chocolate martini. They're not frozen but they're pretty good.

They will seat you at tables for 2 if that is what you would like. Sometimes have to wait for a smaller table, but my DH and I never had to wait much longer than 10min for one on our trip last fall.

2. I prepaid gratuities. I read in a review, that it was stated the $13.50/day doesn't cover room steward or bar staff and you were expected to tip additional. True or bad information? I believe it covers a basic tip for all staff. We did tip our regular bartender additional at the beginning of the trip and then during as weel for great service and tipped the steward up front and never had a problem the whole trip.

3. Are the MDRs open for breakfast & lunch as well? Breakfast no, I believe that one MDR is open for Lunch on Sea Days.

4. We enjoy sitting in sun with frozen cocktails. Any NCL frozen specialties? Our personal recommendation is either a Mudslide or a Miami Vice (1/2 strawberry daiquiri and 1/2 pina colada. Tasty!

5. Any other tips?

3. Are the MDRs open for breakfast & lunch as well? Breakfast no, I believe that one MDR is open for Lunch on Sea Days.

Yes, an MDR will be open for breakfast. :rolleyes:

Loads of correct answers, then there will always be someone swooping in with crappy info. It never fails.

Yes, an MDR will be open for breakfast. :rolleyes:

Loads of correct answers, then there will always be someone swooping in with crappy info. It never fails.

Thanks. MDR for breakfast is one of the things I enjoy the most on cruises. So much nicer than the breakfast buffet.