Help Summit Concierge vs. AquaClass

Blizzard56

Leaving on Saturday and saw that an aft cabin (7203) became available.

I presently have cabin 9058, which is aquaclass. I have no perks (obc, drink packages, etc).

What would you do??

Thanks for you expert opinions:)

Leaving on Saturday and saw that an aft cabin (7203) became available.

I presently have cabin 9058, which is aquaclass. I have no perks (obc, drink packages, etc).

What would you do??

Thanks for you expert opinions:)

Hi there! Cruise Critic has just the article on comparing AquaClass to Concierge Class -- we hope it helps!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

We loved Blu. It was a great small dining room - similar to a restaurant vs. a banquet hall - where we got to know the servers quite well. The food was excellent. I know they call it "lighter fare" but we didn't sense that. We had steak, seafood and even chicken and always had plenty of tasty food.

We only used the spa/Persian Gardens once and could take it or leave it.

It's my understanding from my TA that you are going to have to re-book into that new cabin, at the current rate. Even though it may have been less expensive when you originally booked. If you booked early you could end up having to pay more if there were early booking discounts applied to your current room.

My previous attempts to change to a different class of cabin before sailing has never worked due to the significant extra costs I would have paid. I suspect that if you were booked on a cruise that had lots of last minute space available and there were deals being offered to fill the ship you could have a different result.

If you or someone else has a different experience and have been successful please let us know

Edited by WestCoastFlyer

I don't think you will regret the decision. We are long time Celebrity cruisers and have seen the decline in the quality of food and service in the MDR as they try to say cost competitive in the marketplace. We have only booked Aqua class for the last few years, mainly because of Blu. We eat breakfast there each morning and dinner around 4 out of 7 nights and going to the specialty restaurants the other nights. Going to Blu feels like you are going out to a restaurant. The service and food are better than MDR. I'm surprised to hear you have no perks, even from your TA? Just about everyone on the ships have been on the free drink package lately. Usually your TA should give you some OBC from their cut of the commission. We will be on the Summit for the 7/11 Bermuda sailing. Enjoy!

I don't think you will regret the decision. We are long time Celebrity cruisers and have seen the decline in the quality of food and service in the MDR as they try to say cost competitive in the marketplace. We have only booked Aqua class for the last few years, mainly because of Blu. We eat breakfast there each morning and dinner around 4 out of 7 nights and going to the specialty restaurants the other nights. Going to Blu feels like you are going out to a restaurant. The service and food are better than MDR. I'm surprised to hear you have no perks, even from your TA? Just about everyone on the ships have been on the free drink package lately. Usually your TA should give you some OBC from their cut of the commission. We will be on the Summit for the 7/11 Bermuda sailing. Enjoy!

We booked in January 2016 and they don't seem to offer perks if it is a

re-positioning cruise. I need to find a better cruise agent too. We've done at least 15 cruises with her and very few OBC. If you have any TA please let me know!

We booked in January 2016 and they don't seem to offer perks if it is a

re-positioning cruise. I need to find a better cruise agent too. We've done at least 15 cruises with her and very few OBC. If you have any TA please let me know!

Unfortunately we are not allowed to mention TAs on CC. Speak to me on Saturday at the sunset bar at 430 (dont forget your mardi gras beads) and I'll tell you all about mine.

Steve

Sorry, really don't agree with your view on the MDR food. We have found over our sailings in the last 3-4 years that the food improves each cruise. The best one was our last on the Millie last Oct/Nov when the Prime Rib was to die for and everything else was perfect for our group of 8. The service was prompt and the sommelier was knowledgeable and attentive. The last few years we don't even bother with the Specialty's. Just wanted to provide another opinion encase people thought they may be eating food equivalent to a truckstop/diner or something lol

Unfortunately we are not allowed to mention TAs on CC. Speak to me on Saturday at the sunset bar at 430 (dont forget your mardi gras beads) and I'll tell you all about mine.

Steve

Thanks Steve...looking forward to meeting everyone!

There are 3 reasons I don't book AQ:

1. I'm not a "foodie", am a picky eater and want to experience the MDR

2. I don't like the huge overhang that completely shades the balconies

3. I like the aft-facing CC balconies on the lower decks vs. AQ on the highest

These are just some of the reasons that impact us. Just something to consider. I think we're in the minority though. Most people love or hate Blu.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Sorry, really don't agree with your view on the MDR food. We have found over our sailings in the last 3-4 years that the food improves each cruise. The best one was our last on the Millie last Oct/Nov when the Prime Rib was to die for and everything else was perfect for our group of 8. The service was prompt and the sommelier was knowledgeable and attentive. The last few years we don't even bother with the Specialty's. Just wanted to provide another opinion encase people thought they may be eating food equivalent to a truckstop/diner or something lol

I'm not saying that the MDR food is terrible or truck stop quality, but it can be inconsistent. For me it's more about a restaurant feel at Blu as opposed to watching waiters hoist huge trays with massive amounts of servings on them, often times with food lukewarm and/or dried out. To each his own.