AARP Gift Cards Available Now!!!

CruzerDeb

I didn't have enough points to get a bunch, so I was able to do some quizzes and get more points. Ended up being able to buy 5 cards then! I didn't realize it, or I could have waited, done the quizzes and gotten the $500 card, but it's all the same savings! ;)

How do you get them?

There is a "Rewards" section which lists gift cards at the AARP website. You need points to purchase them in addition to money, but you can get points by taking quizzes, it's real simple.

Edited by bunchesofun

Bummer...Sold Out!

New to AARP and didn't even know to look!

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe next time. :)

You don't have to have a paid membership to buy the cards, just be registered on their site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You don't have to have a paid membership to buy the cards, just be registered on their site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks!

When I booked our NCL cruise for next fall, they asked if I was an AARP member. Nope. Then they told me that if I joined ($16/yr) it would save me 5% on my cruise (since it was 9 mos out)...twas a no brainer! Otherwise I've been ignoring AARP for ...er..."several" years now! :rolleyes:

I think I'll start paying attention to the other perks!

Just a question..does doing the quizzes give you a discount on the card or a card for free? I'm trying to understand the greatness being getting the cards from AARP versus eBay or something.. thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Just a question..does doing the quizzes give you a discount on the card or a card for free? I'm trying to understand the greatness being getting the cards from AARP versus eBay or something.. thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You get them at a discount. $100 card for $90, $500 card for $450.

If you use a Fitbit you get 100 points a day every time you get 10,000 steps. The quizzes are a lot less tiring. Lol

Thanks for that info. I did not know this and I'm currently looking at purchasing one. This could be the deciding factor:)

I have a cruise next weekend, will the come before it? Are they an e gift card? Want to purchase now for the cheers package

Maybe, Maybe not. I ordered last Wednesday and it arrived within a few days (sorry can't remember which day, maybe Monday).