Circumnavigating New Zealand

I'm having trouble locating information on cruises that go from Auckland along the east coast of NZ to Milford Sound. I know I've seen this, but now I can't locate anything. A Cruise Critic article mentions it briefly, but the 2 cruise lines mentioned (P&O and APT) don't show anything on their websites. Maybe this itinerary is not popular and has been dropped? Any info greatly appreciated!

The east coast of New Zealand is covered by a lot of cruise lines, because that is where all the cities are. Milford Sound is actually on the west coast.

Check Holland America and Princess, for example. When are you thinking about going? They may not sail that area at that time.

I'm so sorry, I see I left out an important piece of what I'm looking for. This would be a small boat cruise, and be only New Zealand - not including Australia. A year ago I saw a couple of companies offering this, and now I can't find it. And I can't find that I even bookmarked the sites. Duh! :(

The one you are thinking of could be the Clipper Odyssey. It was here for a few summer seasons doing expedition cruises around NZ.

I understand it was sold and is now called Silver Discoverer

Heres a clipping I found... Google will help with more info.

Formerly the Clipper Odyssey, the Silver Discoverer was acquired by Silversea Cruises to be its eighth vessel and third expedition ship. The ship went through extensive refurbishment inside and out, including repainting its hull to reflect Silversea Expedition’s dark blue colours. The Silver Discoverer entered service on 01 March 2014 and debut with itineraries around Australasia.

Heres another site that gives some of the local cruises. Most small boats dont venture too far from home.

http://www.newzealand.com/int/article/the-best-boat-cruises-in-new-zealand/

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

The one you are thinking of could be the Clipper Odyssey. It was here for a few summer seasons doing expedition cruises around NZ.

I understand it was sold and is now called Silver Discoverer

Heres a clipping I found... Google will help with more info.

Formerly the Clipper Odyssey, the Silver Discoverer was acquired by Silversea Cruises to be its eighth vessel and third expedition ship. The ship went through extensive refurbishment inside and out, including repainting its hull to reflect Silversea Expedition’s dark blue colours. The Silver Discoverer entered service on 01 March 2014 and debut with itineraries around Australasia.

Heres another site that gives some of the local cruises. Most small boats dont venture too far from home.

http://www.newzealand.com/int/article/the-best-boat-cruises-in-new-zealand/

Yep only one I can think of

OK, I think I found it. This is a 2015 brochure from Coral Princess, which offered cruises from Auckland - Milford Sound (12 days) and Wellington to Milford Sound (8 days). I couldn't find anything for 2016, so am thinking maybe this was a short-lived itinerary. I've emailed them to see what the deal is.

http://coralprincess.com.au/wp-content/uploads/NZ-Brochure-2015.pdf

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

We are on the Princess Dawn for a Sydney return cruise that sails directly to and from New Zealand. 13 days embarking February 28, 2017. This itinerary might suit. Relatively small ship at approximately 2000 pax compared to new ships. Sails to Bay of Islands and then down east coast before ending at the Sounds and sailing back to Sydney.