Netti Pot Water

mzloolue

You're taking your chances... Neti pots are great, but using tap water isn't.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm316375.htm

Well I guess I'll take my chances then if it means no more sinus infections (which i used to get about 8 a yr and have maybe had 4 in the last 10 yrs since i started using it. ) so if thats the outcome of taking chance I'm all in. I was giving MY experience of using regular water. And I have plenty of friends that use regular water and no problems.

Well I guess I'll take my chances then if it means no more sinus infections (which i used to get about 8 a yr and have maybe had 4 in the last 10 yrs since i started using it. ) so if thats the outcome of taking chance I'm all in. I was giving MY experience of using regular water. And I have plenty of friends that use regular water and no problems.

That's what I like to see. A guy being a guy. I live on the edge too. Take chances and lead or get the *%## out of the way. "Rules, we don't need no stinking rules."

You go, brother! :cool:

Thanks y'all!

I used to use tap water, but then I heard about people dying from organisms that eat your brain.

So now I boil tap water to use, but where I live we are blessed with artesian water...

Two people in areas around New Orleans died from using tap water.

So even if I still used tap water at home I would not use it on a cruise, especially out of New Orleans.

But thanks for letting me know that you have done it and apparently your brain has not yet been eaten.:)

And I am guessing that the "Carnival" bottled water does not say sterile?

Does distilled have to be pre-ordered?

Edited by mzloolue

I don't believe ANY bottled water is "sterile".....but they will supply you with distilled....you can also buy pre-mixed solution in any pharmacy...just bring that with you! It's considered medical and totally allowed.

I've never had a problem with allergies or sinus infections at sea.....but I do at home...big time!

Edited by cb at sea

I don't believe ANY bottled water is "sterile".....but they will supply you with distilled....you can also buy pre-mixed solution in any pharmacy...just bring that with you! It's considered medical and totally allowed.

I've never had a problem with allergies or sinus infections at sea.....but I do at home...big time!

I have the same experience that somehow on a cruise and I have wondered if it is the salt air or just getting away from stuff I am allergic to.

I wish I could spend ragweed season at sea. :)