Illness after Inaugural Ovation Of The Seas

Hello, it maybe coincidental but can I ask if anyone has been unwell since the Inaugural cruise?

We noticed a lot of people coughing on board and both my partner and I have been ill since we got off. I've got flu symptoms and gastro symptoms.

Once again we saw a lot of people dodging hand washing which is irritating and like I say it may just be coincidence.

Many thanks.

Hello, it maybe coincidental .......................................... and like I say it may just be coincidence.

as you said in your post (twice) its just a coincidence.

I always gain weight after a cruise, and yes, I blame the Cruise Line for that. :D :D

Edited by PedroLeBlanc

Wow you must have been on a different Ovation from me, I did not / have not noticed a lot of coughing people, and I am still on board the ship. Also I have never seen a ship that is so efficient at controlling hand washing so have not seen a lot of people dodging it.

But then again I have been spending A LOT of time enjoying myself and the wonderful aspects of this ship.

So thank you for taking your illness of the ship with you :eek:

Hello, it maybe coincidental but can I ask if anyone has been unwell since the Inaugural cruise?

We noticed a lot of people coughing on board and both my partner and I have been ill since we got off. I've got flu symptoms and gastro symptoms.

Once again we saw a lot of people dodging hand washing which is irritating and like I say it may just be coincidence.

Many thanks.

Sorry to hear that some were not feeling well during and after the cruise.:(

This question is off topic...Did Royal do anything special for this inaugural?

I am just curious if they had any special celebrations and gifts on occasion in your cabin after turn down like they did before in the past for most inaugurals.

It seems that Royal has been moving away from inaugural cruises with all the celebrations and gifts to fatten their profit margin, but still charging absorbent prices for inaugurals with Quantum of the Seas being a first example of huge cutbacks on inaugurals.

Just curious to find out if they did anything special for you all on this inaugural?

Edited by vermontvoyager

Many thanks.

I was on the inaugural and never saw anyone coughing or dodging the hand washing.

Gastro symptoms appear within hours so you really cannot blame a cruise that you took last week for that. I hope you feel better soon.

Many thanks.

Glad you were able to enjoy your cruise before you got sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Gastro symptoms appear within hours so you really cannot blame a cruise that you took last week for that.

Sometimes faster than that. A couple of times, I got up from the breakfast table and hurried to the restroom for the trots or up chuck. Not a good experience, but at least it leaves your system before it does any more damage. If that happens, it's usually a one time thing. It's the ones that turn up a few hours or days later that cause the grief. Edited by knittinggirl

Panic over its infected sinuses. I wasn't blaming them I was just curious in case there was anything I needed to explain to my gp. I saw plenty of women glance at the attendant in the windjammer and then wet their hands to make it look like they washed, no excuse for that!

Sorry to hear that some were not feeling well during and after the cruise.:(

This question is off topic...Did Royal do anything special for this inaugural?

I am just curious if they had any special celebrations and gifts on occasion in your cabin after turn down like they did before in the past for most inaugurals.

It seems that Royal has been moving away from inaugural cruises with all the celebrations and gifts to fatten their profit margin, but still charging absorbent prices for inaugurals with Quantum of the Seas being a first example of huge cutbacks on inaugurals.

Just curious to find out if they did anything special for you all on this inaugural?

OP, sorry you aren't well, hope it clears soon. I didn't get sick following the 5 night luckily.

On the 3 night, as far as I understand, there wasn't anything. However, on the 5 night which RCI considered the Maiden Voyage, we received a gift almost every day; hats, commemorative heineken bottles, books, gold coin, photos in display book etc.

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife