first time emerald cabin/deck

Dorkscruising

will be on the emerald princess in August for a 14 day med cruise, has anybody got any information or experience on 4 berth inside cabins on plaza deck p228??

I've stayed in an oceanview cabin in the same area which is located one deck below the lower section of the Princess Theater but didn't hear anything to keep us awake.

On the Emerald it could be below the Conference Center which I don't recall being used often & not as noisy as ships with a bar above it. The location is conveniently located near the Piazza & things such as the International Café. My wife is very susceptible to all types of motion sickness however she was OK with the location.

Any quad cabin I've seen has been the same configuration...2 lower beds under 2 upper bunk beds that even when closed protrude from the walls.

Edited by Astro Flyer

thanks for the info. do u no if the family 4 berth inside cabins are as small as people say they are!! :(

They are the same size as the twin configuration inside cabin we had last week on the Emerald's sister ship the Crown. The cabin was okay for the 2 of us but with 4 it will be crowded but should be okay for sleeping. We don't spend much time in our cabin & Princess ships have a large open closet area next to the bathroom. There is a small round table which we place in the closet so we don't bump into it. ;)

me and hubby went on ventura in February for a taster cruise and found the inside cabin for 2 of us sufficient and did think that adding our boys 11&14 will be a squeeze but like u say as we will only be using to sleep in should be ok. was more worried about storage!

me and hubby went on ventura in February for a taster cruise and found the inside cabin for 2 of us sufficient and did think that adding our boys 11&14 will be a squeeze but like u say as we will only be using to sleep in should be ok. was more worried about storage!

Princess ships are good for storage & under each lower bed you can store luggage plus in the floor area of the closet. The open closet area is about 6' long & has plenty of hangers for clothes. On top is a shelf & next to it are shelves (about 12" wide) from floor to ceiling (also a safe) so we always have enough storage space even for a monthlong cruise with temperatures ranging from hot to cold climates.. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

You may find it helpful to search for " Jo's Cruise " on You Tube. Jo does a very good review of one of the four berth cabins on Plaza Deck on the Crown Princess.

Although this is an outside cabin I understand the size and layout will be very similar to an inside cabin on the Emerald.

Friends of ours had a three berth cabin on Plaza last year and did find the location excellent.

will be on the emerald princess in August for a 14 day med cruise, has anybody got any information or experience on 4 berth inside cabins on plaza deck p228??

My daughter's family of 4 had an inside cabin on CB. 2 sons were 5 & 7. They just had problem with the TV at night when not all wants to watch, and the toilet schedules.

But the room was not too tight after morning housekeep with the upper berths folded

We have booked a quad inside room for Emerald in August - 14 nights to Norway. We have two sons, 11 and 14. Having only ever sailed with my husband (in a range of rooms) I know that this year will be fairly tight. Mind you, it was that or no cruise so I'll put up with it!! Luckily we do all get on and I hoping that our humour continues. We are already beginning to set ground rules!! On our list of what to take I've included shoe deodoriser and air freshener! Apart from sleeping, we won't be in there too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have booked a quad inside room for Emerald in August - 14 nights to Norway. We have two sons, 11 and 14. Having only ever sailed with my husband (in a range of rooms) I know that this year will be fairly tight. Mind you, it was that or no cruise so I'll put up with it!! Luckily we do all get on and I hoping that our humour continues. We are already beginning to set ground rules!! On our list of what to take I've included shoe deodoriser and air freshener! Apart from sleeping, we won't be in there too much.

I'm sensing you will have a great time on your cruise!:)

Hi, we will be on the August 6th cruise on the Emerald. Sharing the inside quad will be a trial but remember that there are toilet facilities near the lifts on most decks if my memory serves me right. So for the shovel ready bathroom issues, maybe that might help?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi, we will be on the August 6th cruise on the Emerald. Sharing the inside quad will be a trial but remember that there are toilet facilities near the lifts on most decks if my memory serves me right. So for the shovel ready bathroom issues, maybe that might help?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Only on the decks with public rooms. Not on passenger decks. EM