Royal suite restaurant reservations and concierge

drjochen

We will be in a Royal Suite on the equinox in early June 2016. In the haven on NCl, we could easily make restaurant reservations months ahead through the NCl web page. We were also contacted via email by a concierge about 6 weeks before the cruise and that email was also provided to us by NCl. On x, the webpage makes us pay for the reservations, although specialty dining is included. Also, no information about a concierge. What am I missing?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Even though you have free specialty dining from Celebrity in a Royal Suite, if you book it pre cruise you will have to charge it and then get reimbursed. You should be contacted by the shore side concierge 7 to 10 days before your cruise. At that time you would be able to make reservations for the specialty dining at no charge. You can also make special requests and specify what you would like for you 2 free bottles of alcohol and mixers and what you would like to have stocked in the mini bar.

Upon boarding Reflection in a Royal Suite, we went to Michael's Club and spoke to the concierge and she made all our reservations for specialty restaurants. We actually made reservations for the week, in the various restaurants.

You will be able to dine every night in the suites-only Luminae restaurant. Many reviewers indicate that the food in Luminae is equal to or better than the specialities. [That's my hope, since we are sailing in our first suite later this spring!]

Does the shore side concierge contact you by phone or email? We may already be traveling the week before our cruise departs.

Usually email first, but they are happy to work via phone as well.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for all the responses. We like to try different restaurants. I just don't want to be in the situation that some other poster reported where all was booked when they saw the on board concierge for reservations on the first evening.

Thanks for all the responses. We like to try different restaurants. I just don't want to be in the situation that some other poster reported where all was booked when they saw the on board concierge for reservations on the first evening.

We pre book first night through the shoreside conceirge.

On boarding we ask the Michael's Club conceirge for the Luminae menus (always the same 14 options but the order does vary). Once we have this we glance through and decide which nights we like Luminae, which are so so menus and will usually spot a couple of nights when we do not particularly fancy at all.

We then draft our plan, taking into account port days, sea days and anything else. We then give our list of preferred venues and dining times to the butler. We have had no problems booking venues or preferred dining time.

Sometimes we modify as the cruise progresses...not usually a problem. On our last cruise there were some suite guests who were struggling to get bookings, particularly for Murano's towards the end of the cruise but as long as you sort in the first couple of days you should be fine!

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by chemmo

We pre book first night through the shoreside conceirge.

On boarding we ask the Michael's Club conceirge for the Luminae menus (always the same 14 options but the order does vary). Once we have this we glance through and decide which nights we like Luminae, which are so so menus and will usually spot a couple of nights when we do not particularly fancy at all.

We then draft our plan, taking into account port days, sea days and anything else. We then give our list of preferred venues and dining times to the butler. We have had no problems booking venues or preferred dining time.

Sometimes we modify as the cruise progresses...not usually a problem. On our last cruise there were some suite guests who were struggling to get bookings, particularly for Murano's towards the end of the cruise but as long as you sort in the first couple of days you should be fine!

Enjoy your cruise!

Sounds like a good plan for us. Thank you.:)