Haven restaurant questions

Longtime lurker, first-time poster.

We will soon be on our 7th Ncl cruise....this time on Escape. We originally had a mini suite and had got the specialty dining package. We had a penthouse on POA that allowed us breakfast at Cagneys and their filet was great so we wanted that again. However we have upgraded to the haven and that restaurant looks delicious and I'm wondering.... Is it complimentary? Also if it is, are we able to make a switch in our meal package to something else...

Thanks in advance

Not only is the Haven restaurant included, but you can ask for anything from any other restaurant on the ship and they will make it for you. If it's an item from a specialty you'll have to pay, but anything else is complimentary.

If you got the dining package as a perk when you initially booked, you are stuck with it once you upsell to the Haven. When you upsell to the haven, your perks come with you and nothing changes. If you paid for it, you can probably cancel it if you want to. The Haven restaurant is wonderful, but the menu stays the same every night. So, you may still want to go to the specialty restaurants as planned.

^^^No, the Haven Restaurant will not make any item for you from another restaurant. Sometimes they accommodate...sometimes not.

I was on the ship just last week. The main dining rooms(Taste and Savor) serve Pound Cake French Toast and twice we asked if we could get that for breakfast in the Haven Restaurant. The answer was "No". So on the last day at sea, our family trekked down to Savor for breakfast just so we could have the Pound Cake French Toast......(it was just OK).

But then for dinner one night, my picky teen couldn't find anything she liked and we asked if she could get pasta with tomato sauce which wasn't on the menu and they could accommodate. It showed up in about 4 minutes!

You won't get any credit for your meal package because the Haven restaurant is included. Pretty much everyone in the Haven has the dining package. In general, I think the haven food is better but the menu does not change.

• 5 weeks later...