Amenites for royal suites

I am looking for an up-to date list of amenities for the Royal Suite on the Summit going to Bermuda this June. The brochures are different than the Celebrity site, the Captains club site and everywhere I read. I have spoken to the Captains club They say so much has changed. Do they still have the egg crate mattresses for the L/R couch for that matter is there a couch or love seat and will I need to get a roll away. My mother is coming with us and we have to give her the bedroom and she requires cotton sheets because of allergies. Is there still breakfast in the cabin each morning?. These things are on some brochures and not on others. I contacted the Michaels club concierge by e-mail and was reassigned to concierge@celebrity.com and have not been answered. We were on Summit last year same time and cabin but it is my understanding that the big high back chair with ottoman has been removed along with a couch and replaced with 2 "chic" vinyl chairs. Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Gary

If we skip the concierge issue for the moment, the only thing that has changed in your list of concerns is the balcony furniture. Describing the new furniture as "vinyl" is not correct unless "vinyl" in the US is different to the UK. The new furniture is made of a modern material that is similar to what we have in the garden and much more suitable. Rain/dew clears from this furniture quickly and is so much more practical for a cruise ship - and UK weather. My husband and I have spent far too much time on cruise ships trying to rescue the old cushions from the rain or drying them when we did not succeed. [And on an M-class PH balcony that is a real pain.] The old furniture is just not as comfortable as the new [even when you are not getting a wet backside!]. The one report back on Cruise Critic since the furniture change has supported my view. We just wish that they would make the same change on the S-class ships.

As for the shore-side concierge, they do indeed now handle the pre-cruise requests rather than the Michael's Club concierge so that those on board can concentrate on those on board! If you are sailing in June, it is too early to heard from them. You can normally expect to hear between 4 and 10 day pre-cruise. Unless you have an issue that needs dealing with early [such as a booking/accounts issue], they will obviously be focusing on those cruising in a few days.

If we skip the concierge issue for the moment, the only thing that has changed in your list of concerns is the balcony furniture. Describing the new furniture as "vinyl" is not correct unless "vinyl" in the US is different to the UK. The new furniture is made of a modern material that is similar to what we have in the garden and much more suitable. Rain/dew clears from this furniture quickly and is so much more practical for a cruise ship - and UK weather. My husband and I have spent far too much time on cruise ships trying to rescue the old cushions from the rain or drying them when we did not succeed. [And on an M-class PH balcony that is a real pain.] The old furniture is just not as comfortable as the new [even when you are not getting a wet backside!]. The one report back on Cruise Critic since the furniture change has supported my view. We just wish that they would make the same change on the S-class ships.

As for the shore-side concierge, they do indeed now handle the pre-cruise requests rather than the Michael's Club concierge so that those on board can concentrate on those on board! If you are sailing in June, it is too early to heard from them. You can normally expect to hear between 4 and 10 day pre-cruise. Unless you have an issue that needs dealing with early [such as a booking/accounts issue], they will obviously be focusing on those cruising in a few days.

We actually were contacted six weeks ahead for our May cruise.

We are on the June 5th sailing and we were contacted last week by the shoreside concierge. In the past, I agree, it's been more like a week prior to sailing, but for some reason, we were contacted this time a month prior to sailing.

We will sail on June 2 and have not heard from a concierge. Not like NCL haven, where they contacted us over a month prior to departure to make sure we get the restaurant reservations at the times we want.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are on the June 5th sailing and we were contacted last week by the shoreside concierge. In the past, I agree, it's been more like a week prior to sailing, but for some reason, we were contacted this time a month prior to sailing.

This is the same sailing we will be on. Do you happen to have the direct e-mail address. Thank you

Sue,

Thank you for your information regarding the deck furniture. Sounds great, the old wicker was getting a bit bothersome because of its wear. I am sorry I was not clear in my description, but was referring to the living area furniture. Since drydock I have been told the living room furniture no longer contains the love seat nor the high back chair with foot hassock. My mother 93, although very agile she has to raise her legs and stretch out. My understanding is the furniture was replaced by 2 white vinyl no arm chairs which will not serve her well at all. Will hate to bring in a lounge chair from the deck and prop her up, sort of speak. Thanks for your response. Do you know where I can find the e-mail address for the shore concierge? Thank you in advance

Gary

This is the same sailing we will be on. Do you happen to have the direct e-mail address. Thank you

as far as I know the concierges addresses are as follows....

Silhouette - Flavia - ConciergeFlavia@celebrity.com

Eclipse - Shirley - ConciergeShirley@celebrity.com

Solstice - Liz - ConciergeLiz@celebrity.com

Constellation - Ligia - ConciergeLigia@celebrity.com

Reflection - Diana - ConciergeDiana@celebrity.com

Summit - Katie - ConciergeKatie@celebrity.com

An S Class - Tanji - ConciergeTanji@celebrity.com

or CelebrityPreCruiseConcierge@celebrity.com as a general catchall

Greg,

Thank you ever so much for this information.

Gary

Sue,

Thank you for your information regarding the deck furniture. Sounds great, the old wicker was getting a bit bothersome because of its wear. I am sorry I was not clear in my description, but was referring to the living area furniture. Since drydock I have been told the living room furniture no longer contains the love seat nor the high back chair with foot hassock. My mother 93, although very agile she has to raise her legs and stretch out. My understanding is the furniture was replaced by 2 white vinyl no arm chairs which will not serve her well at all. Will hate to bring in a lounge chair from the deck and prop her up, sort of speak. Thanks for your response. Do you know where I can find the e-mail address for the shore concierge? Thank you in advance

Gary

Apologies, I have not being paying attention to the interior of the M-class RS but photographs have been posted recently on Cruise Critic. I suggest you have a search around and post your question to that thread to see about the furniture changes.

I addition, if your mother-in-law has particular needs, I would suggest that you also contact Celebrity's special needs department. In the UK, at least, there is always a contact form for them at the end of every confirmation invoice we received [easily missed after all the small-print].

Tanji confirmed just a few days ago that she no longer looks after Summit guests. She told me the name of the Equinox concierge [but I did not catch it on a poorish TA line] but it was not her. So, by process of elimination, Tanji must look after Millennium or Infinity now.

I have Primrose for Equinox but I do not know if that is still correct.

Tanji contacted us and wears sailing on the Solstice, she is marvelous !