Live from the Ruby - May 7, 2016 - 1-day Vancouver-Seattle

CanadianBurger

Canadian Burger - do I understand that you cleared US Customs in Vancouver and won't have to do anything in Seattle tomorrow - wonder if they will also do that for the Crown on May 20th - also how did they assign the walk off numbers - I ask as I am on the Crown one nighter in two weeks and have a 10 AM bus back to Vancouver to catch so was planning on getting off as early as possible - did you request in beforehand or did they just assign them - I am platinum if that helps.

Cheers!

Dennis

Urban Trekker - I didn't request any particular time. But since I don't have a flight out until the next day, I'm staying on until they call me!! You can always check with Passenger Services if you need an earlier time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

we just got off the Ruby today after a four night cruise. Sadly there were a lot of things that were off or different (praying they are not permanent).

No buy one get one free at all.

No parmesan for Fettuccine starter or entree - although it appeared in description.

We got a free dinner for two in specialty restaurant in lieu of MTP party/luncheon (we were #4). But large group had the restaurants all pre booked before boarding and only time was 9 pm avail. So didn't get to use free dinner.

Horizon Court served the main food with Cafe Caribe having desserts only - caused major crowding.

Entertainment schedule was at a minimum thru the day. The evening had great live entertainment and great production shows.

They sold half coffee cards - they just cut the card in half for lesser price - sorry didn't get the price.

Specialty restaurants have all gone up. Crown is now $29, Crab Shack is $29

Loved the new bedding! Slept like a baby.

We were just down the hall from you in A417.

Had the Drink package and really enjoyed it for this four night cruise - got our money's worth but know we could not of handled the drink package for a longer voyage. Too much alcohol.

Food was a little hit or miss - certainly worse than what we had on the Royal for a month in January. But still found great food to enjoy.

Staff were amazing this trip. They really worked hard on this short voyage where the ship was full and many cabins had 3 or 4 passengers. Large groups of families and friends caused a lot of crowded areas.

We cleared customs in Victoria the day prior to disembarking so getting off in Vancouver today was so so easy. Was given the time of 7:50 for walk off and when we down to our lounge for 7:30 we were told we could walk right off. We were home by 9.

A few other things were different than a longer voyager but it was sure a great get away.

I, too, noticed the lack of Parmesan baskets and I thought the waiter just misheard me.

The coffee cards were 8 punches for $16.

The lack of a magrodrome on this class makes sea days very crowded in the horizon court. The lack of tact and common courtesy by people who enter elevators before everyone who wishes to has exited makes my misanthropy flare up.

The CBSA clearance at Victoria made a world of difference. I left the cabin at 7:54 and was on the Canada Line platform at 8:06.

Dinner in the MDR...

9c09e9f859ce1c7188db18fa1f3971e6.jpg

61d99ef4cff9ce3c9feb1a4eb151e61f.jpg

I had the chilled Pina Colada soup.

3b1b8615b2a0cc47f19dbfeb2884964e.jpg

And my usual, the fettuccine in the Parmesan basket...

288c4df7cf9b9733c88318cc1a1136fc.jpg

I had the pork; one of my table mates had the prime rib...

c8d406d4cca3cf7022055242acaa3d8f.jpg

8ff7fa79468e95ae9b283fb38db5470f.jpg

The service was somewhat sub-par, and I had to leave before dessert to catch the show.

Here are some shots from the production show, Colors of the World. Was a little disappointed that it was not Magic To Do, like the emails said, but it was still pretty good. (BTW, if you're on a ship with Magic To Do, GO SEE IT!)

586df131b1ecfd56a144236d07e9c706.jpg

770411c0ee616a37c81eb8ec3d58ce16.jpg

d21016318d66477264b68ef54195cb8e.jpg

2316317f00ab4997642b6c6a140429b9.jpg

79d012a958506931bad22d4ee158e232.jpg