Read Kdam not so good elements but.....

lahlah57

In The WASide , Not too sure what use those Lido 'Bar stations' are to the guest. They are after all, only an area or a service station for use by the bar crew members them self. Or are you suggesting that the guest places an order at one of these stations and collects their own drink. ?

Seems like a complete waste of time and totally unnecessary when there are floor waiters canvasing all guests table side, during Lido opening times.

Pretty sure you could do either. I didn't find myself in the Lido too often though and it was usually at very odd hours passing through

Just off b-b K-dam cruise 4/15 to 5/9. Loved the openness and brightness. Our verandah cabin did feel smaller than on other ships, but plenty of closets, drawers and under-bed storage with a larger verandah deck. Loved bath layout - shower so much safer than tub.

Lido was roomy - liked seating design. Staff food service seemed to cut down on waste and was much healthier for all! True promenade deck is tight but there is a running track on deck 11 with outdoor exercise equipment like that found in some SA and European parks - husband enjoyed. The music venues and main stage were well attended. Lincoln Stage musicians are very talented. Wonderful helpful staff - great cruise!!

On day 3 of 34. It's hard to not be jumping up and down. Ship gorgeous. Service amazing. Many new food venues. NY Deli & Pizza may beat out the Dive Bar. Last nights dinner at Sel da Mer was amazing too.

Give it a try. My house at home is perfect either so I suspect we will all have different opinions. K-Dam is spacious without being mega. More later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

One more thing. I'm not sure where this negativity is coming from. It's different and of course not everything will be to everyone's liking. I'm beginning to think some folks list their negatives and are booking their cruise on the "dam" ships. Things are different; some things exactly the same. The ship doesn't feel crowded and the art; flowers - are beautiful.

Even some of the "negative" things mentioned were negative to us so.

Our veranda suite is incredibly well designed - less wasted space. And I know someone say they didn't like the tv location. We love it - great moves - live tv - music.

Signing off. Docking in Spain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just off b-b K-dam cruise 4/15 to 5/9. Loved the openness and brightness. Our verandah cabin did feel smaller than on other ships' date=' but plenty of closets, drawers and under-bed storage with a larger verandah deck. Loved bath layout - shower so much safer than tub.

Lido was roomy - liked seating design. Staff food service seemed to cut down on waste and was much healthier for all! True promenade deck is tight but there is a running track on deck 11 with outdoor exercise equipment like that found in some SA and European parks - husband enjoyed. The music venues and main stage were well attended. Lincoln Stage musicians are very talented. Wonderful helpful staff - great cruise!![/quote']

Wonderful thoughts.....thankyou!!!:D

Just off the 4/15 to 5/9 b2b. We loved this ship! Everything I have not liked on other HAL ships has been corrected on this ship. Beautiful, open spaces; lido pool eateries (NY deli, where I got great sandwiches and the Dive In for burgers and hot dogs); Grand Dutch Cafe, yummy split pea soup, sandwiches and crepes; shorter lido lines due to the new Lido Market set-up; the beautiful World Stage theatre, the very open Music Walk, where the music venues flow nicely into each other on Deck 2 so one can enjoy different music venues easily, the wonderful staff (as usual!), the inside muster drill (SO much better), not having to re-do the muster drill when on the b2b, let's see, what else?? Bottom line.....I just loved it. I don't miss the library, as some have complained about. I have my kindle. I have no problem with the Promenade deck. It may not be as wide, but at least it's still there! You can walk it easily. Plenty of deck chairs throughout the ship. All in all, I think it's my favorite HAL cruise to date and I'm a 4 star mariner.

Edited by dmcfad2

Funny how short all these positive threads of Koningsdam are compared to all negative threads dominated by all those who haven't been aboard and who are clearly not interested in hearing accounts that differ from their preconceived notions. So glad to hear people are having enjoyable trips

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk