Beverage Package - Crown

SDCB432

My husband and I are taking an Alaskan Cruise in August on the Crown Princess and we got the All Inclusive beverage package. Are tips included in this? We have heard both yes and no.

Thanks!

Technically speaking, they are included. The AIBP has a fee, and gratuity is included in what you pay.

I however tip additionally. It's a choice. Not everyone does it. You should tip according to what you feel is adequate.

it's a personal choice.

Enjoy your cruise!

I believe it is ~$56/day plus a mandatory ~15% gratuity. I get the soft drink package and the gratuity is the same way.

It's$49 + 15% gratuity for $56.35 a day for duration of sailing.. There is no additional gratuity required, but as always if a bartender goes great service, feel free to tip them extra either at the time or at the end. We keep some $1s on hand for additional tips, and will tip a particularly good bartender additional on the last day - if there was a particularly good one!

My husband and I are taking an Alaskan Cruise in August on the Crown Princess and we got the All Inclusive beverage package. Are tips included in this? We have heard both yes and no.

Thanks!

Yes, they are included in the purchase price of the card. :)

Thanks!

Unequivocally yes - tips are already included. Some people with extra money and guilt may pay even an additional tip, but that seems as incredibly asinine as paying a second tip on top of your first after dining out at home. I mean heck, if you're going to just throw money away, give it to ME!! ;-)

We recently had the AIBP on the Star Princess cruise to Hawaii and the gratuity is definitely included in the cost of the package. We had excellent service from the three servers in Crooners throughout our cruise, so we gave each of them an additional tip at the end of the cruise. This is not required, however.

Edited by gigmom23

We usually tip extra in most cases. That's why I ask. I don't want to be cheap and under tip but on the other hand I don't want to tip regular if that's part of the package. :)

We usually find a bar tender we like and make that our bar for the cruise. Then we do tip extra for excellent service received. :) If it's not great, we don't go back.

If you don't tip (extra), that's OK too. You've already paid a gratuity. Plus, who wants to go around with cash on them right? We usually give a few tips along the way as gratitude for the conversation and drinks. I know some people don't like to do that, but I've had many friends in the service industry and it's hard work. I like to tip good service and not tip poor service. That's just me. :) Either way you are fine.

Unequivocally yes - tips are already included. Some people with extra money and guilt may pay even an additional tip, but that seems as incredibly asinine as paying a second tip on top of your first after dining out at home. I mean heck, if you're going to just throw money away, give it to ME!! ;-)

Your the asinine one. what guilt is there in tipping a bartender for good service. The $7.00 a day on the package is not much when you have a bunch of drinks and is in the pool for all bartenders. We tip extra for good service always will. You do what you want but calling people names for tipping is asinine.