Anthem Dynamic.. My Time... No Reservations

We booked our Anthem cruise within the final payment window and discovered that most of the "My Time" dining slots are unavailable for pre-booking before the cruise. I was able to make reservations for 2 nights for a decent time, but decided to punt on the reaming days.

I assume we can walk up to a complimentary dining room and wait for an empty table. Has anyone done this? Do they keep a certain number of tables for walk-ups? How long of a wait can be expected? Any advice for best times to walk-up in order to minimize wait/crowds?

Do additional reservation slots open up once onboard at the beginning of the cruise? What about the day of (i.e. can we make a reservation on the morning of day three for that evening)?

Pre-planning and making show and dinner reservations on the Anthem brings back memories of our last "UN-Freestyle" Norwegian cruise.

It depends on the time you wish to eat. You can walk up early, like before 6, and get seated quickly. After that, there might be a long wait.

We also booked Anthem at the last minute, and there wasn't much choice for dining reservations online. When we boarded, we went to the podium outside The Grande on deck 3, and the agent there was able to make all reservations for us according to our desires.

My recommendation: Board early, and go to the podium and have the agent set up all your dining reservations. It is helpful to have an idea of the times/venues you desire in advance.

Tip: The Grande has the strongest menu, and relaxes the formal dress code for the first and last nights, so we booked this venue on those nights

Edited by DonnaK

We booked our Anthem cruise within the final payment window and discovered that most of the "My Time" dining slots are unavailable for pre-booking before the cruise. I was able to make reservations for 2 nights for a decent time, but decided to punt on the reaming days.

I assume we can walk up to a complimentary dining room and wait for an empty table. Has anyone done this? Do they keep a certain number of tables for walk-ups? How long of a wait can be expected? Any advice for best times to walk-up in order to minimize wait/crowds?

Do additional reservation slots open up once onboard at the beginning of the cruise? What about the day of (i.e. can we make a reservation on the morning of day three for that evening)?

Pre-planning and making show and dinner reservations on the Anthem brings back memories of our last "UN-Freestyle" Norwegian cruise.

We found that we were able to change our reservations once on board. We had also booked inside of the final payment window (although we could have had late seating rotational, but I didn't want to be eating late every night). So I got the feeling that they definitely held reservations back to be booked on board. In fact we changed our first night reservation right from the Royal IQ app before we had even left port.

Just make your dinner bookings once onboard. We had prebooked everything and ended up changing things around quite a bit based on learning what we did and did not like and it was very easy, we always got what we wanted. If you can't do it in the app, just go in person to the dining room. You should be fine. They clearly don't release everything online or even on the app while sailing.

Got off the Anthem a couple of weeks ago and we never pre booked our evening meal before we boarded and the earliest we managed to eat was 9.00pm. We complained, but got nowhere, the Solarium is one of the best places to eat and is free.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know what time the classic late seating is? I saw that the early seating is 5:30, so I was thinking the late seating is 8:30.

I believe Merion Mom said the two dining times on Anthem are 5:30pm and 8:30pm.

Got off the Anthem a couple of weeks ago and we never pre booked our evening meal before we boarded and the earliest we managed to eat was 9.00pm. We complained, but got nowhere, the Solarium is one of the best places to eat and is free.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Did you try booking as soon as you boarded the ship? Or did you wait a few days? Did you make 9:00 reservations or did you eat at 9:00 because you had to wait in a line for walk-ups?

It depends on the time you wish to eat. You can walk up early, like before 6, and get seated quickly. After that, there might be a long wait.

We also booked Anthem at the last minute, and there wasn't much choice for dining reservations online. When we boarded, we went to the podium outside The Grande on deck 3, and the agent there was able to make all reservations for us according to our desires.

My recommendation: Board early, and go to the podium and have the agent set up all your dining reservations. It is helpful to have an idea of the times/venues you desire in advance.

Tip: The Grande has the strongest menu, and relaxes the formal dress code for the first and last nights, so we booked this venue on those nights

If we have The Grande booked for the first night of a 5 day cruise will the men be allowed in without jackets? How strict are they the first night?

If we have The Grande booked for the first night of a 5 day cruise will the men be allowed in without jackets? How strict are they the first night?

Yes, the dress code s casual on the first and last nights

They're not strict on any night! We saw all sorts, tee shirts, polo shirts

And, on our sailing, we saw many people were turned away at The Grande for wearing shorts

Edited by DonnaK

Yes, the dress code s casual on the first and last nights

And, on our sailing, we saw many people were turned away at The Grande for wearing shorts

OK, Thank you. We are a family of 10 (with children) sailing in Aug.