Flights from the UK

sardensav

Depending on dates I am seeing indirect with Virgin under £600

£625 for BA direct 30th/19th

moving the dates can make a big difference

Air Canada can do £530 via Toronto 31st/19th.

Adding LAX may improve options

Does anyone from the UK have similar experience and can offer any tips/hints for a cheaper airfare? Am I better waiting (despite it being Easter) to book? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Sarah

Hello Sarah, glad to read you are sorted out to your satisfaction.

I got decent prices with Thomas Cook, but then I did build in 9 days' acclimatisation time/touring holiday before our cruise from San Diego and then 3 days in Florida at the end of the cruise before flying home. I realise not everyone can do this, or would want to do this, but here's what we paid for Premium economy seats:

Manchester to Las Vegas on Saturday, 8 April (peak school holiday date) £520 each.

Orlando to Manchester on Friday, 5 May, £300 each

We chose to do the Panama canal eastbound because we find that we cope better with a 5 hour time difference rather than an 8 hour one when we return home.

We also have Thomas Cook flights booked after our TA cruise this year. I thought I would add to this thread because if you can book them when they are first released, Thomas Cook offer some good prices, albeit with limited destinations. Might be useful to someone.

Hello Sarah, glad to read you are sorted out to your satisfaction.

I got decent prices with Thomas Cook, but then I did build in 9 days' acclimatisation time/touring holiday before our cruise from San Diego and then 3 days in Florida at the end of the cruise before flying home. I realise not everyone can do this, or would want to do this, but here's what we paid for Premium economy seats:

Manchester to Las Vegas on Saturday, 8 April (peak school holiday date) £520 each.

Orlando to Manchester on Friday, 5 May, £300 each

We chose to do the Panama canal eastbound because we find that we cope better with a 5 hour time difference rather than an 8 hour one when we return home.

We also have Thomas Cook flights booked after our TA cruise this year. I thought I would add to this thread because if you can book them when they are first released, Thomas Cook offer some good prices, albeit with limited destinations. Might be useful to someone.

If you actually fly with TC on their aircraft, remember that they often do not fly on certain days i.e. they are not a scheduled airline with daily flights. This would work out for you if you give yourself enough pre/post cruise time, however, one may find that if they are only flying out a couple of days pre cruise, then the next available flight may not be until after the ship has left ;). Just wanted to point that out to anyone considering chartered flights which may only fly to a location once or twice per week ;).

If you actually fly with TC on their aircraft, remember that they often do not fly on certain days i.e. they are not a scheduled airline with daily flights. This would work out for you if you give yourself enough pre/post cruise time, however, one may find that if they are only flying out a couple of days pre cruise, then the next available flight may not be until after the ship has left ;). Just wanted to point that out to anyone considering chartered flights which may only fly to a location once or twice per week ;).

Oh absolutely! I would never fly anywhere to meet a cruise (if own arrangements) without a good safety net of time and especially with a charter aircraft, but yes, you made a very good point :)

Edited by mrsgoggins