Flight San Pedro, 1:00 or 3:40?

Froghead

Disembarking San Pedro on Saturday Oct. 1st (Norwegian Pearl). Have flight choice of 1:00pm or 3:40pm on Alaska, non-stop. Missed opportunity for the 2:45, now priced too high. Could do early walk off with luggage. Not looking forward to hours at the airport so leaning towards 1:00pm. With current TSA issues thinking would be less worrisome to wait it out at the airport for the 3:40, although we do have TSA Pre-check. Not much of a gambler, leaning towards later flight. Only 2 prior cruises, so no expert on how these things work. Had long wait last cruise in FLL, was a tiresome day. Making reservations later today. What would you do, the 1:00 gamble or the 3:40 play it safe?

Disembarking San Pedro on Saturday Oct. 1st (Norwegian Pearl). Have flight choice of 1:00pm or 3:40pm on Alaska, non-stop. Missed opportunity for the 2:45, now priced too high. Could do early walk off with luggage. Not looking forward to hours at the airport so leaning towards 1:00pm. With current TSA issues thinking would be less worrisome to wait it out at the airport for the 3:40, although we do have TSA Pre-check. Not much of a gambler, leaning towards later flight. Only 2 prior cruises, so no expert on how these things work. Had long wait last cruise in FLL, was a tiresome day. Making reservations later today. What would you do, the 1:00 gamble or the 3:40 play it safe?

LAX, correct?

Take the 1:00...You'll have plenty of time...

Let's say you get off the ship around 9:00 am...You'll be at LAX by 10:00 am...easy on a Saturday morning...it's only a 20 mile drive...

And that is PLENTY of time for Secruity, Check-in et al...Especially with TSA Pre-check...We are usually from curb to gate in about 15 minutes...

Worried about it? Check-in on line...

But, really, if you take that later flight, you will be spending a LOT of time in a terminal at LAX...

Glad you went with the 1:00 PM flight.

The only thing I wanted to correct is that sometimes there are holdups so getting off the ship at 9:00 AM is never certain, but even if you got off an hour after that you would be fine.

I only mention this so someone doesn't book a flight at 11:30 AM thinking that 9:00 AM is certain because it is not.

Keith

I recommend you pay attention to how quickly your board this trip....

Early and Late in the cruise season.... they sometimes do not have US customs in Vancouver when you embark... instead the customs are performed in San Pedro. A quick debarkation can become HOURS when US customs is shift to San Pedro with a handful of custom officers for a cruise ship. This happened to me on my trip and a friend's trip in recent weeks.

Best defence is try to be one of the first walkoffs.