Hotel Help POM with Stay & Cruise

skeeter558

We are leaving on a cruise out of the Port of Miami. We are driving down to Florida and would like to do a Stay & Cruise package at a hotel so we can leave our car and take the shuttle to the port.

Any suggestions on Hotels that have a Stay & Cruise package?

Some hotels in the airport area have park and cruise options.

Hyatt Place ( Doral)

Residence Inn (Airport) it's part of a complex with Marriott and Courtyard.

There are those that say the area isn't the best, but we've stayed 3 times at those locations with No issues.

Taxi is about $25-30 to port. If I remember Hyatt Place has a package with transportion to port but not back.

Welcome to the boards! You can use the search function on this board to find many threads on the same topic.

None of the hotels near the port offer cruise parking - they charge guests $25-30+/day

http://www.parksleepfly.com and http://www.stay123.com are two sources to check.

Budget options often suggested include La Quinta East and Springhill Suites Medical Center. The MIA Embassy Suites had a cruise package that included both parking and a shuttle for 2 to the port. Better hotels in a better area are located in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood - Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc.

As mentioned above, if a "free" shuttle to POM is not included figure on a $25-30 cab ride; none of the hotels will transport you back to your car for free, so plan on another cab ride.

Parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure, but costs $20/day. Parking anywhere else in Miami will probably not be covered, will not be as convenient, and for sure will not be secure! It is your car - do you feel lucky?

If it was me I would spend the night cheap someplace north of Miami (Palm Beach or even Orlando) and then park at the port. Your call.

Edited by JohninDC

I recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Doral. Free parking, we parked there for 21 days and no problems. Shuttle to and from the port was $12pp each way. Free continental breakfast. Nothing fancy but nice and clean.

We booked the room through stay123 dot com.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from staying at the La Quinta airport East. Hotel staff was friendly rooms were clean. No place close to eat except hotel next door. A little tough to find so use some sort of gps. We had to drive buy it and make a u turn. La Quinta is behind another hotel. Our paperwork told us to look for a Bennigans restaurant, but nothing there but an empty lot. You must sign

up for a spot on the shuttle. They do offer a shuttle for your return trip at $10. Per person. Something to be aware of you pay in advance for your return trip and you select a time. First trip is 8:30 next 9:30. The thing is, even though you signed up for a specific time they basically take people as they walk up to the van. We were one of the first ones off at 7:20, but we were last one on the van. We would of had to wait another hour. I checked uber while I was there and there were several drivers minutes away and I think that is the way I will go next trip. One other thing it took me several calls to make a reservation. No one knew about park and cruise, but I was surprised that there was no additional charge to park. Room was $99.

Edited by jsscuba2
Add additional info.