Safest flight time out of LAX on a Monday morning?

jennybenny

So, is it safe to fly out at 11:45 AM on a Monday from LAX? Worried that it's too early given the unpredictability of LA traffic. Next flight out is 12:45, but do I need to go later than that?

Thanks in advance

1pm is recommended so 12:45 would be fine.

LAX is a minimum of 30 minutes from Long Beach, then add two hours for security. You'd need to be in a cab (not shared shuttle) no later than 9:15 for the earlier flight. Still rush hour at 9:15. Long Beach CBP can be very quick or excruciatingly slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I've noticed in the past few months the few times I've been, the drive from the freeway into LAX has been horrendous (totally backed up), adding 30-45 minutes to normal drive times. Not sure if this is always true, but I'd definitely want some extra time to be safe. LAX is not a fun airport to travel to/from.

So, is it safe to fly out at 11:45 AM on a Monday from LAX? Worried that it's too early given the unpredictability of LA traffic. Next flight out is 12:45, but do I need to go later than that?

Thanks in advance

Our last flight out of LAX was at 11:45. We were off the ship around 8:30, on the Super Shuttle by 8:45. Curbed side luggage check and we were at the gate in plenty of time. It's dooable.