St. Thomas & Tortola

Mandy412

We spent our Tortola day at Brewer's Bay. $8/pp each way in a van taxi. Just ask and they will direct you. Driver stops for quick photos out window. Everyone agreed to a pick-up time for the driver to return. Lovely cove. Lounges and umbrellas available to rent $5/ea. Was rather wavy the day we were there so we did not snorkel. Birds diving from the cliffs to get fish was very entertaining. There was a bar (didn't use). When the driver returned, two passengers decided to stay longer, so he just found two more. We found it to be a very relaxing day as the beach was quiet and not crowded. My husband raves about it still!

I agree with others to check out the port boards. That is where we learned about this hidden gem.

We spent our Tortola day at Brewer's Bay. $8/pp each way in a van taxi. Just ask and they will direct you. Driver stops for quick photos out window. Everyone agreed to a pick-up time for the driver to return. Lovely cove. Lounges and umbrellas available to rent $5/ea. Was rather wavy the day we were there so we did not snorkel. Birds diving from the cliffs to get fish was very entertaining. There was a bar (didn't use). When the driver returned, two passengers decided to stay longer, so he just found two more. We found it to be a very relaxing day as the beach was quiet and not crowded. My husband raves about it still!

I agree with others to check out the port boards. That is where we learned about this hidden gem.

Isn't Brewers Bay in St Thomas?

I lived in St Thomas for several years & agree that you can't go wrong with any beach on St John. If you want to stay on St. T. there are many options. Sapphire was my favorite beach there, snorkeling by the reef & sandy beach with many amenities & usually not very crowded. Web cam here:

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com/

Coki is great especially since it is right next to Coral world if you need a break from the beach The snorkeling is good.

Magens is the most popular beach but tends to be very crowded. I'd grab a picnic at the Deli at Havensight & go to the other beach in the Magens authority, Lindquist/ Smith bay.

If you want the Magens view, but without the crowds, head next door to Hull. with the coolest beach bar on the island

Tortola- try Cane Garden or Brewers, Brewers if you want to snorkel.

Thanks for this advice - been to St. Thomas a few times, but stayed away from Magens due to the crowd. On a cruise in Feb, and we have a pretty long day in St. Thomas and a shortish day in Tortola (we leave at 3:00).

Yes for a fee there are chairs and umbrellas. But just so you know if you walk a little way down the beach they are cheaper. Where the taxis drop you off if you rent right where you walk in it costs more than a few feet down the beach. Very nice beach. Calm water if you like that.

Thank you. That is good advice.

Isn't Brewers Bay in St Thomas?

No Brewer's bay is in Tortola and a hidden gem in my opinion. Beautiful quiet beach, great snorkelling, much quieter than cane garden which has jet skis etc. Chairs were $5, bucket of 6 beers $15. Highlight of our of Escape cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app