Vista Family Harbor Suite Review

Do you have any real pictures of the cabin layout? we are also travelling 5 people and staying in one family ocean view and I was wondering how the upper pullmann bed arrangement is. Thanks :)

I didn't take photos of the cabin. I did describe the layout in my review. Click on my name, then on the stats tab click 'threads started by me' and it will pop up at the top of the list. I just finally finished it a few days ago.

But, basically, it looks just like the renderings show it. Ours was for 4, but the cabin for 5 will be the same but with the 2nd pullman over the king. No idea where the ladder will be for that one since the ladder for the one over the couch was up against the side of the "real" bed. It will be a tight squeeze, for sure!

I was hoping to get info on the non suite. We have the deluxe family harbor ocean view Cat FJ. I wondered what these PJs were exactly and what treats they had for the kids.

Video Game Console types.

Kids eat free menus

PJs? There are no PJs. We were in 2458. There are nice robes, though (even though we had 4 adult women in the cabin and were only given 2 robes; probably could've asked for more but nowhere to put them, really). Don't know if they have kid-sized robes or not.

There was no noise from above where we were (under the MDR, not the galley).

As for being that low, I love being that low. There's less movement. And the ship was incredibly smooth-riding. We had some rough seas the last couple of days (Livorno to Marseille; Marseille to Barcelona) and even though it looked rough out the window, I couldn't tell we were moving.

Even when docking, the thrusters weren't a big issue. We were up early every day, though, and usually at dinner when we departed.

Also very convenient to the aft MDR. People constantly complain about the galley blocking decks, but I didn't find it to be an issue. Now, this was my 25th Carnival cruise, so I'd hope I would know how to navigate a ship by now! The galley only blocks Deck 3 between the aft and midship stairwells.

And note that not all elevators go to every deck. I usually take the stairs (need to work off those calories), but noticed one that stopped at Deck 3 on the way down!

Anyway, I can't imagine I'll ever stay in another Family Harbor cabin (simply because I won't be sailing with 4 in a cabin), but it was nice and the lounge was very handy to have with all those early port days. And you'd get back from your excursion and even if there were no sandwiches, it was great to be able to get yourself a cup of tea or a cappuccino!

We only have 3, if we had 4 I wouldn't even consider it. I may still give it a try, since it does seem really cool. I have never stayed that low, so I really don't know unless I try it. I am waiting to hear more first hand reviews before booking, as I am looking at late 2017 or early 2018. Don't want to wait too long, the 2 I dates I am looking at seem to have a good selection left, but I know the longer I wait the selection won't be as good... I am torn.

Now that we are a family of 4 we can't do 1 bathroom, I was excited to see these suites for the extra washroom. I agree whole heartedly that I have zero interest in being on Deck 2. We normally are on Deck 8 or 9, I love the views. As cool as these seem, I might prefer 2 balconies on a higher deck and pay the extra for the privilege.

I didn't take photos of the cabin. I did describe the layout in my review. Click on my name, then on the stats tab click 'threads started by me' and it will pop up at the top of the list. I just finally finished it a few days ago.

But, basically, it looks just like the renderings show it. Ours was for 4, but the cabin for 5 will be the same but with the 2nd pullman over the king. No idea where the ladder will be for that one since the ladder for the one over the couch was up against the side of the "real" bed. It will be a tight squeeze, for sure!

PJs? There are no PJs. We were in 2458. There are nice robes, though (even though we had 4 adult women in the cabin and were only given 2 robes; probably could've asked for more but nowhere to put them, really). Don't know if they have kid-sized robes or not.

There was no noise from above where we were (under the MDR, not the galley).

As for being that low, I love being that low. There's less movement. And the ship was incredibly smooth-riding. We had some rough seas the last couple of days (Livorno to Marseille; Marseille to Barcelona) and even though it looked rough out the window, I couldn't tell we were moving.

Even when docking, the thrusters weren't a big issue. We were up early every day, though, and usually at dinner when we departed.

Also very convenient to the aft MDR. People constantly complain about the galley blocking decks, but I didn't find it to be an issue. Now, this was my 25th Carnival cruise, so I'd hope I would know how to navigate a ship by now! The galley only blocks Deck 3 between the aft and midship stairwells.

And note that not all elevators go to every deck. I usually take the stairs (need to work off those calories), but noticed one that stopped at Deck 3 on the way down!

Anyway, I can't imagine I'll ever stay in another Family Harbor cabin (simply because I won't be sailing with 4 in a cabin), but it was nice and the lounge was very handy to have with all those early port days. And you'd get back from your excursion and even if there were no sandwiches, it was great to be able to get yourself a cup of tea or a cappuccino!

They do provide robes for the children. Our stateroom attendant waited to see the size needed for our son and delivered it day 2.

Well, we decided to back out of the Family Harbor Suite. Saw pictures on the social network of strollers parked in the hallways and even pictures of screaming children left in the hallway by their parents to "cool off".

Plus there was mention of lots of kids running up and down at all hours.

In changing to a regular Lido balcony we are saving $1900. So, I'll take the savings and the peace of mind.:D

Well, we decided to back out of the Family Harbor Suite. Saw pictures on the social network of strollers parked in the hallways and even pictures of screaming children left in the hallway by their parents to "cool off".

In changing to a regular Lido balcony we are saving $1900. So, I'll take the savings and the peace of mind.:D

I was wondering if there would be those issues, and it is definitely not worth $1900 more!

Really? We sailed 5/1 so there just weren't that many kids on the cruise. Of course, I imagine that when school is out that the Family Harbor area will be rather overrun with kids. After all, it was intended for families. During times when kids are in school, it shouldn't be so bad.

Like I've said, I don't think I'd ever book there again but we needed a cabin for 4 adults and the extra space plus the 2nd bathroom worked well for us.

The Suites are ridiculously expensive, imho.

I was on 5/24 sailing in a Family Harbor deluxe OV with 5 of us in it. The only part of your post that I noticed was one double stroller down the hall would occasionally be right outside their door.

Never heard or saw any kids screaming in the hall.

We loved being on deck 2 - one deck down and we were off the ship, one deck up and we were in the dining room or lobby. And as mentioned previously, the breakfast options were great. And no lines -- so nice on those early port mornings and debarkation day.

We were given kid sized robes for our younger 2.

Edited by mrsprobin

I was on 5/24 sailing in a Family Harbor deluxe OV with 5 of us in it. The only part of your post that I noticed was one double stroller down the hall would occasionally be right outside their door.

Never heard or saw any kids screaming in the hall.

We loved being on deck 2 - one deck down and we were off the ship, one deck up and we were in the dining room or lobby. And as mentioned previously, the breakfast options were great. And no lines -- so nice on those early port mornings and debarkation day.

We were given kid sized robes for our younger 2.

Do you have any real pictures of the cabin layout? we are also travelling 5 people and staying in one family deluxe ocean view and I was wondering how the upper pullmann bed arrangement is when there are 5 people in the room. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering our family's first Carnival cruise... on Vista after many sailings with another line.

I personally did Carnival years ago, pre wife & kids. But looking to surprise them with something and Carnival is soooo much cheaper.

We usually stay in suites, and LOVE the suite lounge on our usual line, but heard Carnival doesn't have one, for their suites. Once I saw Family Harbor, I thought this was perfect, extra space for us and the kids and something similar to the suite lounge with concierge.

Some questions, everyone keeps saying the lounge breakfast is better than going to the lido deck. We usually do room service breakfast on our balcony. Just order up a few plates on bacon & eggs the night before to our cabin. Is this not an option on Carnival? Do you have to eat on the Lido deck for breakfast? Are speciality restaurants open for breakfast?

Also, I'm a little confused on the Family Harbor balconies being on deck 2, I've never seen balconies so low.

Is it floor to railing glass? Exterior photos of the ship doesn't appear to show low balconies.

Are you a little close to the water for that? Seems like a bad idea with kids.

Usually we're on decks 9 & 10 and aft if we can get it.

Sounds like noise is hit or miss.

Also what are your experiences with Camp Carnival? I've read on other threads people saying their kids didn't want to go for dinner, etc.

Usually my kids are begging us to leave them at the kids clubs, what were your experiences? Did I just find a few unusual apples?

Was the concierge super helpful with reservations, special requests etc??

I know not everything is "Family Harbor specific" but that's where we're looking right now and just had some questions related to the suite and the cruise line as a whole in regards to families with kids.

If we don't do the Family Harbor because of the low deck location what do you suggest for us?

Wife, myself and our 2 girls ages 2 and 7.

If any of you sail Royal Caribbean we're usually in a GS or JS with them.

I'm considering our family's first Carnival cruise... on Vista after many sailings with another line.

I personally did Carnival years ago, pre wife & kids. But looking to surprise them with something and Carnival is soooo much cheaper.

We usually stay in suites, and LOVE the suite lounge on our usual line, but heard Carnival doesn't have one, for their suites. Once I saw Family Harbor, I thought this was perfect, extra space for us and the kids and something similar to the suite lounge with concierge.

Some questions, everyone keeps saying the lounge breakfast is better than going to the lido deck. We usually do room service breakfast on our balcony. Just order up a few plates on bacon & eggs the night before to our cabin. Is this not an option on Carnival? Do you have to eat on the Lido deck for breakfast? Are speciality restaurants open for breakfast?

Also, I'm a little confused on the Family Harbor balconies being on deck 2, I've never seen balconies so low.

Is it floor to railing glass? Exterior photos of the ship doesn't appear to show low balconies.

Are you a little close to the water for that? Seems like a bad idea with kids.

Usually we're on decks 9 & 10 and aft if we can get it.

Sounds like noise is hit or miss.

Also what are your experiences with Camp Carnival? I've read on other threads people saying their kids didn't want to go for dinner, etc.

Usually my kids are begging us to leave them at the kids clubs, what were your experiences? Did I just find a few unusual apples?

Was the concierge super helpful with reservations, special requests etc??

I know not everything is "Family Harbor specific" but that's where we're looking right now and just had some questions related to the suite and the cruise line as a whole in regards to families with kids.

If we don't do the Family Harbor because of the low deck location what do you suggest for us?

Wife, myself and our 2 girls ages 2 and 7.

If any of you sail Royal Caribbean we're usually in a GS or JS with them.

I might like the SPA suite since you get access to the SPA special areas. Or both the Grand and Owner Suites are good too. Sometimes it is hard to find those that allow 4 but you might be able to get 2 connecting rooms for less as well.

• 3 weeks later...

It's disappointing that you are in a 'suite' and aren't given real shampoo and conditioner.

I'm curious about what I want to do. I've been sailing a lot of Disney, a little Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. I was intrigued by this ship but am not overly impressed with the 'quality ' of the suite as seen in the pictures. If be curious what more people think.