My review on the Escape...LOTS of pictures.

jorge18

DSC08017_zpsrbjzf7tm.jpg

Here's a HUGE tip which we used...for the days that you plan on leaving out to the islands early, order room service and skip the buffetts. Since they are packed you're going to waste valuable time. We just ordered to have it delivered around 7:15am and it was quick and very easy.

DSC08020_zpsuaotzmsc.jpg

DSC08021_zps5irl8fyn.jpg

We decided to go to Megan's Bay in St. Thomas and it was well worth it. We got off the boat early and went straight to the taxis. It wasn't difficult at all to get a cab as they have attendants there helping you get one. We waiting maybe 5 minutes and we were on our way.

Megan's Bay was beutiful, but it definitely got packed as the day go going as you can see in the pictures. If you want to come here, do yourself the favor and get there early and make your way back to the ship early.

DSC08025_zpsdnkaj3tx.jpg

DSC08026_zps0oofetnl.jpg

DSC08027_zpsyoyqaduw.jpg

In Tortola we went to Brewer's Bay which was very relaxing. It didn't get as crowded as Megan's Bay which was nice. Same thing as before, got up early and left early. Taxi was no problem and the lady that drove us was very nice. Get ready for the drive though, it's quite an adventure!

DSC08143_zpszw116iap.jpg

DSC08146_zpszbr4lc9q.jpg

DSC08147_zpsqrj6scac.jpg

DSC08148_zpsjqgl9btq.jpg

DSC08150_zpso6u6oaet.jpg

DSC08156_zps6r3qlal0.jpg

We've been to the Bahamas a bunch of times and we even considered just staying on the boat. But my son loves fish and fish tanks, so we decided to take the tour of Atlantis and all of it's fish tanks which we all enjoyed. We booked it through the cruise, which I ultimately regretted. Getting on the buses was a pain and if I were to do it again, I'd just get a taxi the way we did it on the other islands.

DSC08232_zpsy17ecnth.jpg

DSC08243_zpsn63spzdk.jpg

DSC08280_zpsf1ojgbe4.jpg

DSC08285_zpswowljf0i.jpg

DSC08288_zpsrqydg5v0.jpg

DSC08289_zpslsfock5k.jpg

I see you brought your stroller, for your 3 year old did you need it much? I am bring my 2 year old and 4 year old and trying to decided whether or not to bring a stroller for my 2 year old.

Yes, we used it a lot and I highly recommend taking one. We have a much bigger stroller at home, but took the smaller umbrella type stroller as you see in the pictures.

We didn't use it much on the sea days during the day, but at night we did every night as he tends to be more tired and less willing to walk.

The stroller is one of those things that's a burden to take with you, but if you don't, you'll wish you had.

Great review! We were booked on the Escape for next month but decided to cancel. :( We did your itinerary on the Getaway last summer though. It's a great cruise. I think we will cruise on the Escape next summer. I'm loving all of your pictures.

The stroller is one of those things that's a burden to take with you, but if you don't, you'll wish you had.

We also took 1 stroller (wished that we had 2) but it was the umbrella type. A larger stroller would have been difficult with the hallways.

If we had an umbrella type that reclined, it would have been perfect.

Great pictures.

Thank you for suggesting getting room service on early port days - we will definitely do that.

You mentioned there not being healthy choices on the kids' menu. Did you have to pay extra to get regular meals for your son in the MDR or are children allowed to order off the regular menu? I know our son won't want the "junk food."