A sixteen year old on a 10 day cruise

Don't forget, you are far from final payment. If you decide that one of the larger ships

with more activities offered and things to do that are geared for families would suit you

better, you can switch easily to something more active for her that would naturally attract

more teens she can associate with. There is no penalty involved when you change before final payment.

Kind of like the difference of going to an RV show versus going to Disney World. ;)

Edited by island lady

Don't forget, you are far from final payment. If you decide that one of the larger ships

with more activities offered and things to do that are geared for families would suit you

better, you can switch easily to something more active for her that would naturally attract

more teens she can associate with. There is no penalty involved when you change before final payment.

Kind of like the difference of going to an RV show versus going to Disney World. ;)

Yeah...it is an option to change the cruise (hopefully we won't have too) but that will be a last resort.

Like you correctly said...there is quite a ways to go before final payment so we will see.:)

This is totally of topic.

Were you part of our CC group that "built" our own ship "Mustard of the Seas"? It was back around 2002/03.

We had assigned jobs on the ship and got really silly. Every time I see your name I think I remember it from back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes. I was one of the original instigators of Mustard of the Seas. :)

Yeah...it is an option to change the cruise (hopefully we won't have too) but that will be a last resort.

Like you correctly said...there is quite a ways to go before final payment so we will see.:)

And maybe the grandparents will end up staying home, and your anniversary could be a more romantic one! ;)

We have done a few Caribbean Cruises in April as these were school holidays for us. Ours have always been 10-14 days as we are from the UK. My daughter always found friends in the kids club. She was never bored and had a great time. Haven't been on Serenade in the Caribbean but have been on it in Europe and again she had a great time even though it did not have certain things like the bigger ships do.

The real key is the ports. Get her involved in planning activities for these. For example, Wacky Rollers in Dominca or the Ultimate Snorkel in St Maarten with the high speed inflatable boat. There are a lot of ports, so she should also do research for you on the port boards.

You will have two formal nights on sea days, so if she likes dressing up this is the chance.

The real key is the ports. Get her involved in planning activities for these. For example, Wacky Rollers in Dominca or the Ultimate Snorkel in St Maarten with the high speed inflatable boat. There are a lot of ports, so she should also do research for you on the port boards.

You will have two formal nights on sea days, so if she likes dressing up this is the chance.

She loves any and all water activities so getting her to go on these types of excursions should be a breeze:)

It looks like the Serenade leaves on April 7th of 2017 on a great itinerary. That is the first day of spring break for Broward County schools (Ft Lauderdale). You may have a good number of students/teens.

That being said, we have a 16 year old daughter who loved the Allure spring break crowd and ship activities this year and that ship seems to be a teen-magnet.

I would join the roll call and see what other folks may be joining.

It looks like the Serenade leaves on April 7th of 2017 on a great itinerary. That is the first day of spring break for Broward County schools (Ft Lauderdale). You may have a good number of students/teens.

That being said, we have a 16 year old daughter who loved the Allure spring break crowd and ship activities this year and that ship seems to be a teen-magnet.

I would join the roll call and see what other folks may be joining.

I am on the roll call...there is not much activity there right now...so can't really get a feel for the demographic just yet:(.

It is good to hear that there maybe some teens on due to Spring Break in Fort Lauderdale. We will see how it goes.:)