Seeking Rotterdam Info

Hi Jacqui!

As a substitute for the Westie PC we had to cancel, DH and I are thinking about this sailing (up to Barcelona, followed by a few days in that, my favorite European city)(so far)... Can I ask you, when is Final Payment for the Mar30 start-date? Is it 75 days before, or 60 -- I can never remember.

I saw HAL was selling a combined cruise that was the last Caribbean B2B with the TA upto BCN. To my mind that would be an odd combination!

TTYS -- E.

Elizabeth AKA crystalspin

Hi Elizabeth.

Final payment is around January 7th if I recall correctly. I paid mine already since I am into the next CC statement so no point in waiting ;). It's the 75 day mark.

Not sure if there will be price drops or not. Looks like a number of cabins are available, but no idea how many guarantees are booked ;). I think the TA has the view and verandah sale still on.

Can't blame you for staying in Barcelona - LOVE that city and we never tire of it :)

Hope you join us. And, of course, hope you join our roll call :)

How do I find the Roll Call for this cruise, Rotterdam Feb 12-March 5?

Did you find the Roll Call yet?

Since I see you are new to Cruise Critic - go to the Roll Call section - then Holland America - then Rotterdam and scroll down until you see the Feb 12th date. We have about 35 active people and we are having the Meet and Greet in the Crow's Nest on Feb 14th at 10 AM.

Sailed the Rotterdam this summer. It's a nice little ship. No balcony rooms, except for the Vista suites. Lanai cabins open into the Promenade started as oceanview and were upgraded to Lanai. Lanai is just a little cheaper than the Vista Suite, and the Vista Suite come w/ double Mariner points.

I found the Vista suite crammed after the Royal Caribbean Voyager and Freedom Class Junior suites. Wish they'd made it a little wider.

I'd suggest getting a room under the Lido if it's a warm weather itinerary. That retreat may get noisy, but we didn't have any problem w/ our since it was cold most of the way.